PBP: Monday, March 6, 2017 Chelsea v. West Ham

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    papy?

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Let's take it a bit easy. Part of got us penned it to our own half for much of the game was Kante's bad passing. Moses, too. Even Azpilicueta was bitten by the bad passing bug.

3. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    we blew very hot and cold last night. some really good moments and some poor executed passing. but better final finishing and cooler headed counter attacks and we could have scored a couple more. was a weird game tbh.

Blueallthru repped this.
  4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thank you for reminding me that I'm the same age as Cesc. :mad:

Though I should cross of my dream of playing in the NBA, NHL, or the Prem. Not feasible anymore.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  5. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    MLS is still a viable option though and based on what I saw this weekend, LA could probably slot you straight in at right back :p

Kazuma and Blueallthru repped this.
  6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I did that a long time ago but, having said that, I haven't given up entirely on the possibility of sumo :)

7. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think I've asked before, but best game to watch a Chelsea game in NYC? Any suggestions?

8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Best place, you mean?

The standard place would be Legends, right across from Empire State Building. It's a massive place, but gets filled up with a ton of people if the conditions are right.

Decent, but not great beer on tap. I usually hit Legends for the games and ramble down to Rattle and Hum down the street afterwards to sample some truly amazing beers.

There are a plethora of places to watch in the city now. Most are either hipster palaces or jock socks. Legends isn't perfect, but the guy who began the footy program there came from the original NYC footy bar, Nevada Smiths, before they threw their bartenders under the bus for serving minors and turned into a shithouse college bar.

Legends is also the official bar of the New York Blues, the local supporters club. So there's plenty of company during a match.

Blueallthru and Yahtzee repped this.
  9. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thank you sir.. might have to go sample some of your famous beer suggestions