Monarchs 2016 Regular Season

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by GoRSL, Mar 25, 2016.

1. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also hope Olave can do well as a coach. He wasn't what I'd call a cerebral defender, but he certainly had talent that I hope he can pass on to the younger players.

2. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the Olave addition for the same reasons. Give him a chance, let him work Colombian connections - who knows what'll come of it.

If DLH is going to grow the RSL youth org the way he wants to, then he's going to have to look at a lot of coaches, and if RSL develops and deserves a rep for helping players make a transition into coaching, that can't be bad for Waibel.

BalanceUT repped this.
  3. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    RSL already drafted one Nick B. with unfavorable results. Probably didn't want to gamble on a second one.

4. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good, I like seeing Olave take on a role with the team as a coach, he was never a "coach" on the field in his position, but I'd be interested to see if that can translate to a coach in some capacity off the field.

5. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Between the Monarchs, Herriman, and the six other residential academies, we'll need a whole pile of people working for the organization.

6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ironically, a lot of people on Twitter are saying how great it is that RSL hires former players so they can stay in the family...

But great move. I think its also great Olave will be in the Spanish booth. In English he is very reserved but in his native tongue he has a lot more to say.

7. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I can't help but wish that this was Jave we were discussing...

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  8. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was probably the initial plan. But then things went sideways on both sides of the aisle, so...