Mods - When can you name this the [R]...

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by WrmBrnr, Oct 16, 2012.

1. WrmBrnr

WrmBrnr Member+

Apr 12, 2001
    San Carlos
    "Let's talk about Hex baby" Thread? Just curious - don't want to ruin the game for those who haven't seen it, but ready to discuss. Not sure of protocol. Will wait for moderator approval.

What about the Hex? Should be a shoe-in if we get everything right? Will we struggle more against stronger opposition?

soccersubjectively repped this.
  2. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll qualify. We get five home games, four of which should be relatively easy wins. That's a base of 12 points. 6 on the road against the two bottom-feeders (Jamaica and Panama) and that's 18. That will get us top three. Fall back is a home-and-away vs. the Kiwis. That's one I think we can win w/o too much trouble as well.

3. Postmaster

Postmaster Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Poolesville, MD USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if this is better classified as optimism or overconfidence.

This past round (where we took a total of 1 point out of the away matches in Jamaica & Guatemala and didn't look good winning away against a true "bottom-feeder") may not be an indication of how the upcoming hex will unfold, but it's certainly given us no cause for optimism about easy away wins.

4. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought about it, but I stand by it. I think we'll be playing better by then and will find two victories (or perhaps two draws and a draw w/ Mexico at home) to get us to 18. 18 should be all we need.