Modou/Mou Jadama at colo colo

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Brotheryoungbuck, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
  2. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
  3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    For what it's worth -- seems fine to me to post threads for these guys in the Academy forum while they are still on trial.

MetroChile repped this.
  4. hokeydokey

hokeydokey Member

Oct 21, 2015

The Chilean FA has implemented a new rule that reduces the maximum number of foreign players from 7 to 5.

Colo-Colo had 7 prior to this and have off loaded another player in addition to Mou in order to comply. He was, to the best of my knowledge, considered the #3 CB but the club have 2 other young, domestic CBs that can cover in his stead and their other foreign players are all essentially starters.

Seeing as he's been in Chile full time since joining Universidad in 2012 he should be close to the 5 years needed to naturalize at some point next year which will allow him to return to Colo.

MetroChile and BostonRed repped this.
  5. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He made the bench once in July for Coquimbo Unido, then disappeared until October. He made his debut on 10/29 as a sub and has started the two subsequent games. I don't know if he was out injured for a bit.

6. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jadama is now in the USL. This past weekend Jadama made his debut for the Tulsa Roughnecks and by all accounts played pretty in a shutout victory over RVG Torros.

Tom Collingsworth and Rahbiefowlah repped this.
  7. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999