Mod for this forum

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by dark knight, Aug 9, 2011.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Howdy - I didn't expect this forum to take off like this so - glad y'all decided to to join up!

I've seen a few comments about the need for a moderator -- we don't always have thread discussions for new mods but that's because usually we have a little more background to go on.

Since that's not the case here, I'm opening up for volunteers and nominations and welcoming comments from all.

Vitez is the front runner as he got the whole ball rolling - if everyone agrees he's a pile of judgement and would make a good mod, that will be a quick solution.

Basically, we prefer the mod be not much younger than 21 or above average in maturity, not engage in personal attacks, and basically be willing to keep order (merging threads, etc. as well as keeping the peace).

In the meantime, I'm adding myself and another supermod Talltowerman as mods so you can click on report a post if there are any issues - spam, over the top personal attacks, endless off topic arguments, etc. and one of us should get to it. Or you can PM a supermod for assistance: Ismitje, Horsehead, Talltowerman or myself.

Thanks!

2. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Thanks man. I'm willing to do it but another great option is Vojnik or Hadzija.

3. BHEuropska

BHEuropska Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Orlando, FL.
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Hi, I'm willing to do it, I'm a mature user and was the one who came up with the idea to make the community here, If I get chosen I will be happy.

-Great thanks, BHEuropska.

I definitely would not nominate Vitez, I would nominate Hadzija first and Vojnik second.

4. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I would love this opportunity, dark knight. I am a very mature and super active member and I would relish the chance of being the mod of what is sure to be a growing community.

5. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Vojnik is my vote.

6. Borac

Borac Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Vojnikkkkk as mod.

7. BHEuropska

BHEuropska Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Orlando, FL.
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I quit this place, DarkKnight, just as information, on other forums like XtraTime, Soccer24-7 and SoccerFansNetwork, Vojnik is Edin, TS5, and on S24-7, he sent me pictures of his penis and he is incredibly immature. He has 20 sockpuppets on S24-7 and he's just an idiot, carry on the stupid way you are, I quit these forums, tell Kapetan he's a massive idiot aswell.

8. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    And this is exactly why I had second thoughts about inviting you here. You're so immature man.

9. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Admins/super mods, please ban this troll. He was one of the worst members in our community at the last two forums we were at and practically scared away our quality members. We want to bring quality to BigSoccer and with him here, it's just not going to happen.

And cheers to the guys who voted for me to become mod. I would love to be the leader of this section.

10. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'm confused - didn't you earlier nominate him as your second choice?

11. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Completely agree, he's just an annoying troll that needs to be banned immediately.

12. BHEuropska

BHEuropska Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Orlando, FL.
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

Yes, to try and get a smooth rhythm going, but you see, admin, he backstabs me everytime, they both tried to betray the Soccer24-7 forum, where they both just migrated from. You will see the whole story over there.

13. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    i wanna be mod

14. Pasalic

Pasalic Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Streets of Sarajevo
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    TheEuroStick was the mod in our old forums. He is very well respected. I vote for him.

15. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Lol, good one Pasalic. EuroStick is not a very active person from what I have seen, but he does help contribute.

Pasalic, are you here to stay and help us or what? And is Kap gone for good, I saw the convo over there and I am wondering.

16. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Yeah - the theory behind that is that less smileys lead to more quality posts and more adult discussion. Not sure if it's true or can be proven, but that is our goal - to be more about quality discussion and less about smiley faces. It's also a reason why we have rep - so posts that are basically agreeing or praising posts which is often done via smiley faces on other forums can be done behind the scenes. I know some love lots of smiley options but I just think it creates a better atmosphere overall.

It's kind of like our netiquette about not putting results in thread titles. Half our users hate it and half our users like it - but the reason I'm for it is just that I think it creates a better atmosphere overall. Again, I can't prove it, but on the forums I've been on where they don't have this as a guideline - chaos often ensues where there are multiple threads with just a score in them - or a thread that says "Dzeko scores!!!". This really should be a post in a PBP thread, not a thread in and of itself - unless it's big news.

This is way more than you asked for, but just wanted to share with you the theory behind not having 100s of smileys like some forums out there. :) <==smiley face.

Hmm - so I did read a little of that - and the point of these forums here is just to talk about soccer/football and occasionally other NSR topics, so if people want to post here, or on other forums, or wherever, that's fine - but I'd appreciate leaving any feuds/bad blood from other places behind when posting here. Personal exchanges, name calling, accusations, all of that stuff really doesn't belong. Thank you.

17. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    So dk, who will be the mod for this section? :D

18. Blue Soldier

Blue Soldier Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I nominate either Vitez or Vojnik. Either are superb choices.

If all else fails, I'd like to nominate Hadzjia third.

I'll always be available for mopd if needed, though. :D

19. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I nominate Vitez, Blue Soldier, and Hadzija. Excellent guys to be around and post football with.

20. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Thanks for taking the time to put out a long post to explain why there are very limited smileys.

I must disagree about the quantity/quality theory but it's not my forum so I don't really care that there aren't a decent amount of smileys.

I was merely pointing out a fact in a jokingly manner.

Sorry for the late response, I am considered the 'Batman' of our group as I usually only post during night time and wee early mornings.

Also I would like to point out that I am not putting my name in the mod elections as I do not want to run around chasing internet users and cracking down on them for lack of manners.

I prefer the image of the sexy hermit with a full head of hair who lives on top of a hill with a new woman each day and gives out elderly advice.

Also Edin is a good kid, you should ignore what Pasalic from the S24/7 said and also whoever that one troll that came on here blasting him.

EDIT: If the elections fail to bring up a decent mod then I will consider taking up the mantle. However Vitez should be a shoe in and I still have yet to figure out who Blue Soldier is... SBB is that you?

21. Pasalic

Pasalic Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Streets of Sarajevo
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Vitez, easy choice. Best of luck Kapetan / Vitez. Run it well my brother.

22. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Actually it's Velez Red, not SBB.

23. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Although I appreciate the sentiment guys I really think Vojnik should get a chance. I've seen his posts on other forums and it can be brilliant at times. He's matured and I think he can be a real leader here.

If it doesn't work I can always take over.

24. Vojnik

Vojnik Red Card

Aug 7, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Thanks man, I know I would make a good leader and do as great a job as you did on the last two forums we were at, appreciate your help and everything man. :)

25. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Zeljo Fanatico has not been approved yet and he really wants to post.