Mo Salah #11

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Jun 22, 2017.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hope we all have our expectations in check but no reason to think he can't at least get 15-20.

2. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In all comps? Agreed that should be the bare minimum. But I was going to say high-20s depending on how far they go in cup competitions. I was assuming fairly far, if not in CL then at least in domestic cups.

3. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I guess it would be hard to expect him to score at a record breaking rate again. However, at the start of the season he was not very clinical in front of goal and wasted a ton of chances. His finishing got better and better as the season went on. It could have been so many more goals.

usscouse repped this.
  4. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will also depend who we can add (Keita) to help him in those games where is manhandled - creating more space and room.

I would see him hitting 30 in all comps next season based off his metrics this season - most touches in the box and high volume shot taker.

Plus add in game intelligence and understanding it really helps.

5. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naby winning the ball during the press, dusting a defender then initiating the counter... welcome to flavor country. :thumbsup:

CB-West repped this.
  6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry, I should've specified: the Prem.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  7. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you... from 32 to 15 would be a steep fall off, but frankly I think this has been a special year.

We will see if he can surprise our low expectations.

8. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    I expect Salah to do similar things next season....there is no reason why he can't tbh.....last season he scored 24 in Italy

9. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Reading the sour grapes from Kane 'it's all about consistency'....'doing it again next year'

Wingtips1 and EruditeHobo repped this.
  10. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Kane is one miserable obnoxious entitled SOB.

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kane is going to be just like Rooney to me. I hate him all season and then when I'm actually rooting for him (for England), he's going to play like ass. Just watch.

CB-West repped this.
  12. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I agree - hard to like the England team because of all the twits on it...Kane, Dele Alli, Jesse Lingard, Phil Jones(!), Cashley Young (!!)...

ugh...I can't go on...:sick:

13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know. I have similar problems watching USA because of this too. Hate most of the players during the MLS season then magically flipping a switch to like them over the summer. It's tough.

CB-West repped this.
  14. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only a sublime dickhead takes a goal away from a teammate and then talks about "consistency". What a ********er.

15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I follow England at international comps - mainly coz I'm familiar with the players. of course it has the added bonus of being able to roll your eyes and mock them (apart from the LFC players of course) when they eff up.

CB-West repped this.
  16. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This happens ALL THE TIME! :D:ROFLMAO:

17. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

If you had Kane's face you'd be miserable too..... no way around it unfortunately..............

18. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

I used to like England (even though I'm Irish) great teams in 1990 1996 and cose to great in 1998, but they have this thing of always erring on the side of not picking all their best players..... bloody criminal to have had Barbes watching proceedings from the bench in 1986.... steve hodge....trevor steven...ffs.....

same thing with fowler and teddy sheringham in 96. MY view is if you have a midfield as good as that england midfield of anderton ince scholes and mcmanaman was you then play your two best strikers ... Bleedin' sheringham wouldn't have had a snowball's chance in hell of starting for Liverpool in the preceding season....

19. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Rooney, in fairness, was a much better player than Kane will ever be.....

20. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow... that's an interesting opinion. He was much more versatile, Wayne... but Harry is on an absolute tear in terms of actually putting the ball in the net. 105 goals in 4 seasons, just in the league!

Tough to compare them directly... Kane wouldn't make the 08 United trident better by swapping in for Rooney, for instance, but I don't know if you can say Rooney in his prime would make this Spurs team better as a 9. Is that a given? I don't think I'd want prime Rooney over prime Harry, if I were a Spurs fan, with Eriksen and Alli and Son as the others in attack.

This opinion might be tempered by the fact that we've already seen Rooney's move away from his prime... but if Kane keeps going like this I don't think this comparison is so cut and dry.

21. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    I tend to disagree with regards to Rooney, his ability was more than just scoring goals.....his vision and footballing brain made him unique, pity he started so darn early that he burnt out at 32.....he could've been a genuine ballon dor winner.....similar age to CR7 which is shocking

22. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Let's just hope he has a couple more in his bag THIS season.
    Worry about next year on the 27th.

delaynomo, EruditeHobo and newterp repped this.
  23. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he could score like... 4 more goals this season that would make me really happy. 4 or 5.

Wingtips1 and Suss repped this.
  24. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I agree on that much. But Kane is just a striker. Like Michael Owen was. But you put the nail on the head of the hammer already. Intrinsically, Rooney 10 to 12 years ago would get into this Spurs team, maybe not displacing Kane's spot, but he'd be in it. Kane wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting into the United team from ten years ago with Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney and Berbatov for competition....
    My thesis being founded on the variability of better players....

25. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Some people have a different physique and will lose it faster. Eric Cantona was another one like Rooney. Hard to keep in absolute tip-top fitness with those heavy set bodies. Easier for a Steven Gerrard or a Ronaldo.....