MLS UK Show Wants Help

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by EvanJ, Jan 5, 2019.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @EvanJ thanks for sharing. My slight Southern accent would be a big hit, but my takes would quickly reveal that “You know nothing, RSLer”. Anyway, I’ve added this show to my podcast bookmarks and will tune in. I suspect that it will be New York and LA centric though.

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not New York and LA centric. It has a fan of Atlanta and a fan of Orlando. The fan of Orlando was talking about being mathematically alive when they were out of playoff position by 15 points with 5 games left.

Allez RSL and RSLer repped this.
  4. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like you only have four cities represented.

5. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Which is why he's asking if anyone would like to represent RSL on the show...

6. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The original tweet said that they had all teams represented except RSL. Does everyone on this podcast live in New York and LA? Having a podcast about all the teams of MLS but only bring represented by two cities seems kind of dumb.

7. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mathematically, the Orlando fan was correct.

8. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's true, but my point is that he celebrated Orlando's chance of making the playoffs to be funny, not because it was realistic. It's like if the champion of Malta advanced one qualifying round for the UEFA Champions League and their fans said they had a chance to reach the Round of 16.

As for the cities represented, the two people who do the podcast are an Atlanta fan and an Orlando fan who live in England, which is why "UK" is in the title. The description of their first podcast of 2018 is:

"Get to know Elliot & Henry; two British 'football' fans switching their allegiances to 'soccer'."

They are looking for contributions from a fan of each team, but not to have 12 podcasts of 2 fans each. The NHL Network had a show with callers (I don't know if it still exists). The host(s) could be happy to get fans of many teams calling in, but that doesn't mean they wanted tons of resumes for people wanting to host. If you want a better explanation of what MLS UK Show wants, tweet to https://twitter.com/mlsukshow and if you don't use Twitter I don't know if you can contact them because I didn't see an e-mail address.

9. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plenty of folks responded on the Twitter-webs.