MLS to Miami

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by loco25, Apr 1, 2010.

1. loco25

loco25 New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Chicago
    I love to see MLS back in Miami. MLS wants to have a presence in the Southeast. Garber wants to see MLS back in South Florida.

2. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe they can relocate FC Dallas over here and name them FC Miami... Dallas doing really bad and for their first match to be a classico against Houston and be empty they should be relocated down here

3. loco25

loco25 New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Chicago
    I don't see Dallas going anywere. They have a new stadium. I do want to see MLS in South Florida. Lets hope in 2012 we will see MLS back in Miami.

4. Crammers

Crammers Member

Apr 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Strikers.

5. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/22/1593037/mls-appears-set-to-expand-to-montreal.html

Aside from the Montréal news in the above article, Garber wants MLS in the Southeast and specifically back in Florida.

If a new stadium is built I can see MLS working in Miami, but I highly doubt that gets done unless fully privately funded. The most feasible path to a new stadium would be yet another revamp of Lockhart IMO, and if they played there they'd have to be called the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers.

Miami has never supported local pro soccer at any level, and before it could catch on the teams were forced to either move(to Ft. Lauderdale) or fold. Play in Ft. Lauderdale, revive the Strikers, grow support, and eventually the Hispanic community from Miami and elsewhere in South Florida won't be able to ignore it.

"♫ Please Mister Beckham, look and see, is there a MLS team in your bag for me? ♪"

lol

6. ckh1

ckh1 New Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Dubai
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
  7. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to get loud South Florida. Support Miami FC. Lets show we love soccer and want it to succeed.

I am confident that someone will bring MLS to South Florida. Garber has said that he like to see MLS return to South Florida. South Florida could be the # 20 expansion team.

8. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States