MLS Teams in Libertadores? (r)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by El Guero Naco, Jul 31, 2005.

1. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it's the NT stadium efe... get some stupid carp out if you know a torrential downpour is coming... I can't believe you want to make excuses for that aweful pitch! It was a 1st rate stadium at one point, but it has gone downhill. It's an embarrassment to have professional players play at a high level on such a sorry pitch...

2. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't want Boca to win every year. I like watching small club compete. When Once won the copa lib, I was going for Liga de Quito to win it all and Cienciano win over River plate was classic. I think the Conmebol should worry about bringing countries like Ecuador, Venezuela, Bolivia, Peru etc.. up to standard.. That's what the Copa Sud was suppose to do. But to invite Mexico and another Concacaf country is criminal. They bring this argument about TV and rating and crap.. But tell me how many gringos and Mexicans actually sit down and watch other copa sud games? Is Foxsport Español transmitting is English now? I hope every Concacaf club gets knock out this round.

3. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope Catolica has a field day with DC tonight.

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    You ain't the only one. I hope they mop the field with DC.

5. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they have a weak golie and defence, they should be able to even more at home.

6. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i'm dissapointed in Católica, they can't string two passes together, hopefully they'll come back and tie in the second half. :(

7. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think Concacaf is gonna take a spot away from Mexico and give it to MLS or other teams in the Concacaf. I'm not sure.

8. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    well you were right about the goalie, look at how Catolica tied the game...

9. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    D.C united played a great game.. Got to give them props. one down two to go.

10. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    first half they had control of the game, but lost it in the second half, adu did nothing when he came in.

11. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    i dont think that the mls is ready for a tournament like this...they have to improve very much ..especially if they want to make an impact as visiting teams in the libertadores

12. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ya the more they participate in this type of tournaments, the more they will improve. You gotta start somewhere instead of just sticking with domestic league games and out of season cups. Considering how alot of teams got blown out early in the Sudamerica Cup im sure DCUnited,SJ,Revs and Fire can hang with the majority of clubs in S.A . Which is why im predicting by 2007 edition of Copa Libertadores an MLS team will have a chance to play in some type of qualifier.

13. Amercali

Amercali Member

Mar 28, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the reason i think this is great, because if you live in the US you might be able to see your favorite club play in the US in a copa libertadores game in a stadium. i think thats awesome.

14. megsoc

megsoc Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Arizona
    Thanks!

15. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't remember now, but it was on GolTV I believe, it was a UEFA cup match.

16. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i don't know if mls is ever going to be in libertadores but they should use the games in ccc playing against mexican and costa rican teams to prepare themselves if they ever participate.

17. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why Not? They have more money than the Mexicans..Right now it takes an argentine club 17 hours to get to Mexico city.. What's another a couple of hour.. We might as well invite Australia.

18. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    you should invite teams that won't get destroyed. so basically mexican teams + saprissa :D

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    that is insane!

20. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know its insane!! that's the whole point! 34 hours flight time between Mexico and Argentina is ridiculous..

21. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Hopefully ur right,,i'd love to see an mls team in a international tourney like the libertadores..imagine..i think it would really boost up their level..and that would make concacaf club competetions a bit more even..and very fun to watch

22. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    first they need to prove themselves in copa sudamericana.....

23. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Well DC united had some bad luck..but then again they did play U. Catolica...a good team..but i guess ur right..they would have to prove themselves in a tournament like the Sudamericana

24. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true but what makes you think any Mexican team that flys to Argentina won't have to fly the same 34hrs??? Infact I think their flights are longer since they are force to fly on burrito airlines.

25. FuR!oU$x

FuR!oU$x New Member

Dec 17, 2005
    California
    Burrito airlines thats a good one...