MLS should fold before we can make any progress

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by CuriousGeorge.91, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    USA has outsourced most everything. Why not also outsource soccer player development?

Or just ask any decent kid in Europe whether he has an American in his family.

2. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    my bad is there a point at which you are no longer to reply to the original topic?[/QUOTE]
    Eh? It just seems dumb. We moved on from the absurd OP position: "We should fold MLS", to spend multiple pages talking about ancillary things related to how MLS is run.

It would seem to me to be beating a dead horse to quote the OP now, as if it were an opinion held by anyone else in this thread, in the middle of conversations that are not starting from the OP's suggested "fold MLS" stance.

I never know how the heck they value all these expensive sports teams. Sure, everyone says that the Milwaukee Bucks are worth billions, but I've also heard that most of those NBA teams lose money, so how the heck does that work? How many Antetokounmpo jerseys do you need to sell? Or is it just the "brand" shenanigans, that nebulous value of the NBA shield and a spooky Buck's head...[/QUOTE]

something crazy is going on with replying in this thread...I never posted that link.

3. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aka Ireland 1994.

4. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh? It just seems dumb. We moved on from the absurd OP position: "We should fold MLS", to spend multiple pages talking about ancillary things related to how MLS is run.

It would seem to me to be beating a dead horse to quote the OP now, as if it were an opinion held by anyone else in this thread, in the middle of conversations that are not starting from the OP's suggested "fold MLS" stance.

I never know how the heck they value all these expensive sports teams. Sure, everyone says that the Milwaukee Bucks are worth billions, but I've also heard that most of those NBA teams lose money, so how the heck does that work? How many Antetokounmpo jerseys do you need to sell? Or is it just the "brand" shenanigans, that nebulous value of the NBA shield and a spooky Buck's head...[/QUOTE]

something crazy is going on with replying in this thread...I never posted that link.[/QUOTE]
    Nah, it's just the quote stuff is off, and I, for one, don't care enough to try to sort everything out. We're quoting-quotes, and there's the equivalent of a missed bracket in the {QUOTE} codes.

5. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    something crazy is going on with replying in this thread...I never posted that link.[/QUOTE]
    Nah, it's just the quote stuff is off, and I, for one, don't care enough to try to sort everything out. We're quoting-quotes, and there's the equivalent of a missed bracket in the {QUOTE} codes.[/QUOTE]

its an issue because you replying to people about things they didn't say.

6. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not an issue if you just read. You can do that, can't you?

I know what you said, I responded, but now you can't be bothered to read anything, despite the fact that you seemed to figure it out earlier in the thread. We should be fixed now.

OP's opinion is bad, nobody agrees with it. We're 7 pages in, and we've moved on. Obviously. No need to dredge the OP up again.

7. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    again

when a thread is started its about that topic. people like you always changing the topic of the thread is what makes it tough to follow. if you want to talk about something else...make a new thread or if you want to bring up the same three things you turn every thread into...start a new thread. this thread is about the topic of the original poster if you don't want to talk about that then don't participate in this thread.

Anyone want to talk about the summer transfer window any truth to the keaton parks 150m bid?

8. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, threads never progress past the OP. It's not like we have a 60-page thread that was started years ago as "what's the problem with Canada?", and is now a de-facto Canada NT thread.

If you don't want to discuss anything other than the OP, I certainly can't stop you. Whatever floats your boat. If you want to put me on ignore, go right ahead, perhaps that will help you.

9. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    the irony is you still have it backwards. it started about canada...still talking about canada lol.

I am saying we should be allowed to talk about the op lol, you are the one arguing changing topics which makes no sense. start a new thread.

10. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well this thread was a fun read. The OP seems like a slightly more coherent version of Whip (I hope that reference doesn’t date me too much)