MLS or KL

Discussion in 'Korea' started by narasarang, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narasarang

narasarang Member

Sep 13, 2008
    This is the response ! hahaha

2. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Actually did remember him, just couldn't be bothered to go back and edit particularly as one more old Euro guy out of ~600 players didn't really change the narrative.

That aside, I don't just go on this forum, I'm already here. Usually only posting in WK-League and Korean WNT threads, but I lurk the K-League threads to stay up to date. I can read Korean, but not well enough to read and fully grasp soccer news in Korean. But I actually do defend K-League as well, to both Americans and Koreans. When I'm back in Seoul a few times per year I drag friends to matches, most of them for the first time, etc.

3. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I agree, hence saying you won't have heard of them yet until they make the jump to a bigger league. You've probably heard of Miguel Almiron now. Maybe Alphonso Davies, Tyler Adams, Zach Steffen, etc. Perhaps Luciano Acosta, although his PSG move fell through last minute last year. These are all guys you'll hear of in the next couple of years as they are already drawing transfer offers from EPL, Bundesliga, etc.

4. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    Just don't bother replying to that guy his wife prob got stolen by an American or smth

5. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Hey mods, please close this troll thread. Thank you.

6. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Alberth Ellis? Isn't he the guy that ended STY's Rio 2016 run?

narasarang and DynamoManiac repped this.
  7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    MLS. Get real. 5 years ago, I might've been inclined to say K-League but I don't think these two leagues are comparable in terms of strength.

sac517 repped this.
  8. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Agreed. But between crap and turd, MLS is the much lesser turd of the group.

And really, the K-League should be scrapped. As it stands, it's unwatchable, unsalvagble and more importantly, irrelevant. We're probably better off by creating a new "premier" league with 5-6 core teams, if even that.

Krillin repped this.
  9. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    That's him.

chook90 repped this.
  10. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #35 Tagline, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    I'm not going to get into the MLS vs K-League debate, but I think the MLS has value as an intermediary league that better resembles Europe than the K-League does, even if the quality of play isn't as good.

Relative to the K-League, MLS's player pool is more diverse: there are small, speedy, technical players from South America; big, hulking CBs from across CONCACAF, vets with Premier League and Championship experience; physical players from Scandinavia and Eastern Europe; and a few ex-superstars sprinkled throughout. I would always prefer to send players straight to Europe too, but at the same time, there have been more than a few Koreans who took that route, couldn't adjust to the massive jump in difficulty and washed out of Europe pretty quickly.

Also, MLS can be pretty entertaining to watch, and the league gets way better fan support than the K-League. Atlanta routinely sells out their 70,000-seat stadium, LAFC games can get rowdy as hell, and Cascadia rivalry games in Portland have a better atmosphere than many of the European games I've been to.

Will always have a soft spot for K-League though. I was a big SIC / Sasa Drakulic fan back in the day.

the rainmaker, wetcrispy, inten and 3 others repped this.
  11. narasarang

narasarang Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Honestly wow I didn’t know the state of kleague became like this...if a Korean talent had a Choice of going abroad to Japan or the states I for sure thought that the right choice would have been to stay in Korea but wow looks like that’s not even an option anymore

12. narasarang

narasarang Member

Sep 13, 2008
    There was a time when I told a scout working for San Jose earthquakes to look into Korean players playing in the kleague like Lee Ho , LDG, and kim Dong Jin. All players who held stints in Europe and would be gems if you bring them over haha

chook90 repped this.
  13. Gaemamusa

Gaemamusa Red Card

Jan 7, 2019
    Close this thread. MLS is not even worth discussing. Europe should be the only goal for our players. No pun intended.

14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #39 takeuchi, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    just for fun.. based on top 5 clubs of each league standings :coffee:

https://iffhs.de/the-strongest-national-league-of-the-world-spains-primera-division-again/

Mexico (Liga MX) - 20
    Korea (K League) - 28
    Japan (J League) - 31
    China (CSL) - 38
    Iran - 46
    USA (MLS) - 52

edit - btw, shouldn't this thread be locked now? unless mods are okay with continuation of pointless flame war. unless the discussed leagues player each other.. like this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-Pacific_Championship

it is all just an opinion and nothing more.

15. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How about K-league vs Saudi Pro League?

16. narasarang

narasarang Member

Sep 13, 2008
    For Sure K League. But wow I cannot believe that Kleague has fallen this much...

17. Kangin16

Kangin16 Red Card

Valencia
    Feb 13, 2019

Americans trying to justify their retirement league Lol. How about not losing to Trinidad and Tobago in the World Cup qualifiers?

18. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #43 Tagline, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    No one in that entire video is of American descent. You're watching two Englishmen, a Scot, and a Venezuelan talk to a French scout about MLS.

DynamoManiac repped this.
  19. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ConcernedK, is that you?

20. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    pls don't revive this thread.

DynamoManiac repped this.
  21. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Can't disprove the points in the video, so you bring up their races. Great. I don't want to revive this thread either, but just wanted to point this out.

22. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #47 Tagline, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Yeah, you should probably watch the video before responding to me.

23. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    he was responding to this ignant post that equates the USMNT to the MLS. K-league isn't the KNT
    lol

24. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Again, go watch the video...

25. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sigh... go watch the video, again. They're quite literally not American, so blaming them for the USMNT's struggles is pointless.