Mls/nasl/usl/pdl/npsl scarf exchange

Discussion in 'Collectors' started by Potomac02, Jul 7, 2010.

1. amazingjakeo

amazingjakeo New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to start a collection also. I'm thinking I'll cover MLS first, then the EPL, then La Liga. But I really want to focus on American teams. How did your collection come about?

2. vtron

vtron Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My collection is more of a travel thing for me. I was in Spain last summer so I picked up a few scarves. It's pretty easy to find UK club scarves on the internet, but I want to wait until I go there to purchase. I am going to focus on US teams for now, since I've been to a good amount of these places. Right now I have Sevilla, Barcelona, Espanyol, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, and 2 Red Bull season ticket holder scarves.

3. amazingjakeo

amazingjakeo New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright, I have a question for both of you. If you could have just one more scarf in your collection, what would it be? For me, I think I would want a vintage New York Cosmos scarf, like from the 70's. You know how rare those must be?

4. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my case, the short story is that, basically, my French girlfriends kept bringing me scarves after they'd returned from visiting family. So, I just decided to start collecting them. I wouldn't go as old school as you for my dream scarf. I don't think they made scarves back in the NASL days; you were more likely to find a felt pennant. Actually, Ruffneck Scarves are selling retro NASL scarves; I was too late for the Diplomats scarf. Me, I would love to have a scarf of D.C. United's defeat of Vasco da Gama to win the Inter-American Cup. Otherwise, I have a feeling that my Philly Invasion scarf will take on significance once that rivalry becomes heated and, hopefully, significant. Anyway, here's three more:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]