Mls/nasl/usl/pdl/npsl scarf exchange

Discussion in 'Collectors' started by Potomac02, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I know there must be other American soccer scarf collectors out there, so I am starting this thread to initiate exchanges. I have recently started collecting NASL/USL/PDL/NPSL scarves. So far, I have the following (not including MLS):

CRYSTAL PALACE BALTIMORE
    MONTREAL IMPACT
    AC ST. LOUIS
    PUERTO RICO ISLANDERS
    FC TAMPA BAY
    CHARLESTON BATTERY
    HARRISBURG CITY ISLANDERS
    REAL MARYLAND
    PITTSBURGH RIVERHOUNDS
    RICHMOND KICKERS
    MILLTOWN FC
    DES MOINES MENACE
    ROCHESTER THUNDER
    SPRINGFIELD DEMIZE
    OTTAWA FURY
    KITSAP PUMAS
    SAN FRANCISCO SEALS
    TACOMA TIDE
    VICTORIA HIGHLANDERS
    YAKIMA REDS
    CHATTANOOGA FC

Anyway, you can see my whole collection at: http://kennysfootballscarves.yolasite.com. I live in Rockville, Maryland, so I can get Real Maryland scarves for anyone who wants to exchange (supply permitting). I also have tons of French club scarves I'm trying to get rid of. I would especially love to hear from someone who has a Charlotte Eagles scarf as they are the only USL-2 club that I still need. Defunct clubs (Cleveland City Stars, etc.) are especially welcome. Let the exchanging begin. Maybe?...

2. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just ordered an FC Edmonton scarf, so that should be part of the collection soon.... Um, er, OK, I saw a thread here at Big Soccer that went on for pages debating whether or not some Persian actress had a nose-job, but I guess this topic is a non-starter, and I'm on my own...
    [​IMG]

3. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. TFVL

TFVL New Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Club:
    Panathinaikos Athens
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wow, alot of scarves here.

9. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Here's three more:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. JeremyMTL

JeremyMTL New Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Do all the PDL clubs have scarves?

11. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if all of them do, but there is a decent number that have scarves. I've done a lot of research, and looked at a lot of club websites, but there may be more that I'm not aware of. If you look at my website: http://kennysfootballscarves.yolasite.com, you will see the ones that I have, and the ones that are arriving in the post. I am also aware that the Carolina Dynamo, Fresno Fuego, and Forest City London have scarves, but I have not ordered them yet. If there are specific ones that you have in mind, your best bet is to call the club office and ask them directly. Email rarely gets a response. If you ever need help with contact info, give me a list of what you want and, if I already have it, I can tell you how I ordered it, or, if I don't have it, I can get the contact info for you. I am also looking for Canadian Soccer League scarves, so, if you know of any that exist, let me know (I am aware that you are in Quebec and most of the CSL are from Ontario, but, perhaps the Trois-Rivieres Attak has one?). Anyway, I am happy to help in any way that I can...

Cheers,
    Kenny

12. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, and if you want to get into the nitty gritty of the PDL, the BYU Cougars also have a scarf...

13. amazingjakeo

amazingjakeo New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG, Potomac02, you've made me want to do this sort of thing. I can see myself actually wanting to collect all american scarves. And I mean all. Like more than one per team (different styles/designs). Maybe even European teams.

EDIT: I do already own an LA Galaxy scarf.

14. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, I’m glad I could inspire others to spend their money on frivolous extravagances; it does take a village. Be forewarned, once you start, it can be very addictive, and, even if you are socially well-adjusted and possess an otherwise healthy sense of perspective, you may start taking on some “Rain Man”-like characteristics...
    Ah, believe me, it is my very intention to collect every scarf ever produced for every American soccer club ever. However, besides my D.C. United scarves, I basically started my collection at the beginning of this summer, so, for the time being, I am trying to find as many different clubs as possible. This is especially due to the fact that, with the lower division clubs, the scarves are generally produced in limited quantities, and you never know how long they will last, or, for that matter, how long the club will last. A good example is the Portland Timbers who had some really cool scarves at their website at the beginning of the season, but, now with the move to MLS, only offer the MLS launch scarf...
    If you do decide to collect European teams, you might want to jump on the Corsican scarves I am offering as they would be very hard to find otherwise. You can see them here: http://kennysfootballscarves.yolasite.com/corsica.php
    By the way, if you are aware of the existence of a Sahuaros scarf, let me know; I think their office is located near Carefree, and they play at Grand Canyon U...

Cheers,
    Kenny

15. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, despite all the non-help, here's three more...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And these (including the San Antonio supporters club who are campaigning for a club a la Sons of Ben, the Crocketteers):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. amazingjakeo

amazingjakeo New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you have a metrostars scarf? I bet that one is hard to get.

18. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I feel like I have a better chance at accidently stepping in unicorn poop than I have at getting a Metrostars, Burn, Clash, Mutiny, or Fusion scarf. I keep seeing them at European collectors' sites, but they won't even give them up for a king's ransom. Perhaps I should bamboozle these old worlders and tell them that those are actually women's hockey teams. They probably don't know who these clubs are anyway as they're usually displayed alongside university and tourist scarves...

19. amazingjakeo

amazingjakeo New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see some of those sites if you have any links. But that's messed up, they should be in American hands.

20. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. amazingjakeo

amazingjakeo New Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actually meeting a guy tomorrow who represents a club in Bermuda and has come all the way to D.C. with two scarves to deliver to me. Pembroke Hamilton Club Zebras, extremely nice people. I've also expanded into Guatemala with scarves of Comunicaciones and Municipal. I finally received one from the Canadian Soccer League, Milltown FC, and, inevitably, I'll have some Mexican clubs...

24. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess it will be more of a CONCACAF than a straight-up North American collection...

25. Potomac02

Potomac02 Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States