MLS Live on DAZN

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by whitbytfcfan, May 6, 2018.

1. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I've subscribed to MLS Live sometimes in previous years, I noticed this year it isn't running as a stand-alone service but on ESPN+ in the US and DAZN in Canada. Not a bad deal. It used to be $79.99US for just the MLS games but now for $150 Canadian for the year or $20/month, you get MLS, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, and a bunch of other sports including all the NFL games if you like the other kind of football. I watched El Clasico on this today, the quality of the broadcast was pretty good for a streaming service. Not 4K quality or anything but decent and no interruptions the whole broadcast. Still has the annoying blackout rule though so none of the Canadian MLS teams are available live, they show up 48 hours later but any game not on TSN is available live. There is a 30-day free trial if you just want to try it out and see what is on there.

2. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I used to subscribe to MLS Live. It was a great deal until TSN started getting involved and blacking out most of the Canadian team games. I didn't watch enough of the other MLS games to make it worth while.

3. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I bought DAZN for the NFL coverage originally but do enjoy the soccer coverage they do offer and was pleasantly surprised to see they had the online rights to MLS which made me decide to keep it over the summer as I do watch fair bit of out of market games when I can. The steam quality for NFL can be a bit hit or miss but the soccer coverage is great and well worth the $150 a year IMO

4. nfitz

nfitz Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Toronto
    Hmm, interesting. I was pondering DAZN for the rugby, and for the UEFA Champions League next season (which apparently won't any longer be on TSN or Sportsnet).

If you don't watch live, how much capability do you have to play games from earlier in the day?