MLS Live 2017

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by mjlee22, Jan 22, 2017.

1. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The lack of the MLSsoccer.com chuckleheads on my TV is an improvement, TBH.

(Except Matt Doyle. We love Matt. He's actually informative.)

matbluvenger repped this.
  2. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, Wiebe is a lot better then he was a couple years ago. At least there's no more Sagini (always wrong)

And contrary to popular opinion I don't hate Borg. I've found Instant Replay hilarious since he started addressed people saying he was too intense by getting even more intense. He drags out that "SEE YOU NEXT TIIIIIYYYYYYMUH" more every time

Daniel from Montréal repped this.
  3. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I love Borg like I live pro wrestling. It's not supposed to be serious, just dramatic!

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget the other addition by subtraction:

[​IMG]

Len and sitruc repped this.
  5. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree. I really enjoyed Bonetta. Yes she's really easy on the eyes and I actually judged her initially as a pretty face with no substance. But she was goofy, entertaining, and knew her stuff. You could do much worse

6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Speaking of worse, I will never understand the appeal Katie Nolan.

7. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    She is good, but her show was garbage.

Some of the segments were good and her presentation was great, but the show overall was turrible and won an emmy.

I wonder what happens if she goes to ESPN or NBC.

Erin Andrews is still terrible in studio, but better out on the field. There is a skill in controlling the pace and conversation in studio and she doesn't have it.

sitruc repped this.
  8. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It still amazes me that she was given so much. I understand she's an attractive woman, but I never saw or heard anything beyond that to make me believe she could carry more than what she did on a sideline.

Katie Nolan is a younger Michelle Beadle without the credentials to me. Her career took off with sarcasm. I don't know how people expected her to expand beyond that. It's almost even more disappointing to see her back with espn doing the same thing. The NBA All-Star Celebrity Game was even tougher than normal to watch because of her.

There are plenty of women who work their ass off on sidelines, in studios, hosting and doing real reporting that would die for the opportunities they got simply for looks or grating sarcasm.

Locally, it was making me sick to watch Britt Mchenry being fast tracked when I'm not sure there has ever been a truly memorable sports reporter on WJLA.

Len and Gamecock14 repped this.
  9. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Her pity piece that was ghost written on a womens lifestyle website was hard to read. That had to be like 1000 words to many .

Plus she is a pretty crappy person from what I have heard. I think deadspin got an email from one of her classmates who basically said she was a dick inside and outside of the classroom.

Never forget the Mike Magee twitter thing. Where she also said that she could make this statement having played D1 soccer at Stetson.

Which she replied with a now deleted tweet.

@magee9 well at least you "stumbled" upon me. Can't say the same for you.

— Britt McHenry (@BrittMcHenry) December 15, 2014

sitruc repped this.
  10. Eastern Bear

Eastern Bear Member+

Feb 27, 1999
    Great Falls, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I bet folks are monitoring this thread. I'll keep my moves quiet from here on out.

11. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if this has been brought up before, but why am I able to watch 60fps on my 3 year old phone while the steam on my higher-end desktop is restricted to 30fps?

Is there a fix, or some setting I'm not seeing?

Kejsare and sedlie repped this.
  12. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the iPad, the left sidebar now has photo images for each article. So for example, if you are on News & Videos, the left sidebar only fits 3 photos/links fit in landscape mode and 4 photos/links in portrait mode. I find this too much trouble to scroll. As a result, I've stopped reading the news as much as last year.

I can't remember, but I think last year the left side bar was more of a textual list, and I could quickly scan all the week's news.

Anyone else think this is a downgrade in usability?

ukraine76 repped this.
  13. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    but it is pretty

14. Kejsare

Kejsare Member+

Portland Timbers
    Mar 10, 2010
    Virginia
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS selected Houston v. Portland for this week's extended highlights as a free preview of MLS Live.

15. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It's back...

"Show/Hide Scores" defaults to showing the scores without the ability to successfully change the preference to "Hide".

Weak.

deedsy repped this.
  16. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it ain't broke, fix it til it is

jayd8888 and whiteonrice04 repped this.
  17. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    It was like that for about an hour Saturday night. But it was fixed mid-game for me. In the first half of the Col/RSL game I saw a little goal icon so I knew there was a goal coming (I started that game 40 minutes late) and I could see other scores, but it was gone by the second half. And I just logged in and could switch between both and it saved each time I did it.

18. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    Still no highlights option, which is soooooo stupid.

whiteonrice04 repped this.
  19. Just Offside

Just Offside Member

May 22, 2015
    I was getting that this weekend too. Another thing I noticed is that when I would go into account settings instead of seeing my subscription information I would get a message urging me to subscribe. For me, logging out and then back in would fix it all, for a couple hours anyway.

So much irritation I've experienced with MLS Live this season would not have been if they just defaulted the show / hide toggle to hide.

Socarchist repped this.
  20. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Logging out and back in fixed the problem. For now.

Thanks.

21. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    This.
    It is driving me crazy not having that option on the roku app. No android tv version of the app is very frustrating. Andriod tv is full android and will run any android app but the developers have to release it to Google as an android tv app in order to make it available.
    They really need to do this.

22. frobisherthepenguin1

Jun 6, 2008
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This. I simply don't have time to watch 20 minutes of EVERY game. I'll do some Condensed Games of good match ups, but I need the 4 minute highlight packages on Roku or I'm forced to watch them on the tablet. So annoying.

whiteonrice04 repped this.
  23. whiteonrice04

whiteonrice04 Member+

Sep 8, 2006
    Also in the Android app it is very hard to find highlights that will let you watch full screen and not spoil the result before watching the highlights.

24. Ben7

Ben7 Member

Jan 14, 2007
    I could use some help, but can't really go trough official channels.

I have a legit Canada based MLS Live 2017 subscription, but can no longer access it with (two different) VPN services (that work fine otherwise) on my laptop, my Iphone or my (3rd gen) Apple TV.

Without a VPN on, I can login to my MLS Live account from Europe without any issue, but then get the "not available in your region info if I select a match up.
    With a VPN on, it won't even log me in to my account.

Doesn't matter what game I choose (national broadcast or not, US or CAN based VPN)
    I haven't changed a thing to prior years where it always worked without any problems.

As I have it across multiple devices and the VPNs work otherwise, it must be something they have done on their end.

Any ideas or suggestions would be very appreciated.

25. matbluvenger

matbluvenger Member+

Reno 1868
    United States
    Aug 2, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things have been done on their end. They've closed the VPN loophole.

If you would like my go-to sites for nationally broadcasted matches I could direct message them to you