By Greg Cohen on Aug 8, 2016 at 5:15 PM
  1. Greg Cohen

Greg Cohen New Member

Aug 13, 2013

MLS-Leading FC Dallas Continues To Attract Ballooning Prices On Secondary Ticket Market

By Greg Cohen on Aug 8, 2016 at 5:15 PM
    August is heating up, which means that another slate of MLS action is upcoming this weekend. With only six playoff spots up for grabs in each conference, teams are becoming more aggressive in hopes of making the playoffs. The leaders of each conference, however, are in command and will likely earn top playoff seeds. In the Western Conference, FC Dallas (44 points) paces all teams, while NYCFC (37 points) holds a strong lead in the Eastern Conference. The top upcoming games for Week 24 of the MLS season are presented below.

8/13/16 Sporting KC @ FC Dallas I Toyota Stadium I Get-In Ticket Price: $37

The most expensive get-in ticket price during Week 24 will feature two of the Western Conference’s best teams. FC Dallas, winners of three straight games, will welcome Sporting KC (34 points) to Toyota Stadium. These two teams have split their first two meetings, so this game will determine which team will have bragging rights. It’s also a crucial game for Sporting KC’s playoff chances. Fans that want to go to this game can check out Razorgator, where Sporting KC vs. FC Dallas tickets start at $37,

8/13/16 Colorado @ Los Angeles I StubHub Stadium I Get-In Ticket Price: $32

The second highest ticket price will feature a Western Conference matchup between the second-place Colorado Rapids (38 points) and the third-place LA Galaxy (36 points). The Galaxy has won four straight games at home, but has not notched a victory against Colorado this season. On Razorgator, Rapids vs Galaxy tickets start at $32, which is a pretty good bargain considering the two clubs involved. This should be an entertaining contest with postseason implications involved.

8/13/16 Toronto FC @ Houston I BBVA Compass Stadium I Get-In Ticket Price: $24

Next up is an encounter between Toronto and Houston. Toronto (33 points) currently sits in second place in the Eastern Conference and Houston (20 points) is in the cellar of the Western Conference). These two teams are heading in opposite directions but Houston will look to score a win against one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference. Fans looking to save money on getting to the game should check out ParkWhiz.com for cheap Houston parking.

8/13/16 Philadelphia @ New England I Gillette Stadium I Get-In Ticket Price: $23

A potential playoff preview will commence at Gillette Stadium when the Philadelphia Union (30 points) squares off against the New England Revolution (26 points). New England recently traded Charlie Davies to Philadelphia, so expect him to play with extra motivation in this game. New England knocked Philadelphia off in its recent U.S. Open Cup matchup in penalty kicks, and as a result, Philadelphia will likely be looking for some retribution in this one. The get-in ticket price for this game is $23, which is the fourth highest price in Week 24. Fans driving to the game can find parking deals for Gillette Stadium parking on ParkWhiz.com.

8/13/16 NYCFC @ Columbus I Mapfre Stadium I Get-In Ticket Price: $22’

The fifth and final game on this week’s list interestingly enough includes first-place NYCFC and ninth-place Columbus (19 points). NYCFC is 6-2-1 over its last nine games, while Columbus is 0-3-3 over its last six games, as they head in the wrong direction. Things certainly won’t get any easier for them when they take on the class of the East. Given NYFC’s involvement in this one, fans might be getting the best deal of the week on tickets to this specific contest. On Razorgator, the get-in ticket price is just $22.

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Greg Cohen, Aug 8, 2016.