MLS in CM

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by jcrocker, Apr 17, 2004.

1. jcrocker

jcrocker Member

Jun 1, 1999
    Springboro, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well after buying CM 03/04 I was very disappointed not to find MLS in the game. I also think this version is very slow. I want a recent game that has MLS included. Can anyone recommend one?

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there are mls patches for this game, some to play in the mls although not with all the unique mls rules and some that just include the players. it is much slower, nothing to doabout that. mls may be in the next game, football manager 04-05

3. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    You will find it very hard to find a game that includes MLS. MLS and it's player union controls the names and stats. As far as I know they are the only league in the world to do that. CM was forced to drop all U.S. leagues and players because EA owns the rights for FIFA 2004 (and I think Backyard Soccer also has a limited use contract, too.)

So as far as soccer management games you might be out of luck. I don't know if EA's Total Manager includes MLS or not but you could give it a shot.

4. Tony Cheval

Tony Cheval New Member

Mar 17, 2000
    Colorado
    CM4+Good data update. :D

5. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    MLS sucks if it dictates terms over everything! :(

I dislike the 3 senior player rule and the salary capping and everything that limits a glamour club like the one in europe. I was glad the stupid NSL follwed Europe and allowed that :p I hope the APL will do the same.

I did lead DC to the 2003,2004,2005 MLS cup. 2005 was when i won the Open Cup and the CONCACAF Champ League.

BEAT THAT REAL DC UNITED! ahahahahahah

6. St. Patrick

St. Patrick Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Milwaukee, WI
    I have LA on a 15-game unbeaten string, won the Champions Cup (putting down Necaxa, America, and Morelia along the way), am in the final of the US Open Cup.

I do have one question about MLS contracts in CM4. I target guys who are to come out of contract but cannot sign them even after they reach Bosman status because "they already have agreed to another contract". This happens to every player in MLS it seems and it takes out in-league movement unlike that in CM 01/02 without trading. Is this more realistic to how MLS is supposed to play oout on contracts or not?

7. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS will be in the new generation of Championship Manager games: Football Manager, and will be, for the first time, officially released in the US under the title MLS Manager. See thread.