MLS in Austin

Discussion in 'Austin FC' started by POdinCowtown, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rahbiefowlah repped this.
  2. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus

Assuming your are actually serious, it shows allegiance to our rival. It would be like going to College Station and yelling "hook 'em horns". Nobody will stop to ask you to explain your fine print that you weren't referring to the University of Texas but some other team called the longhorns or horns.

3. Jay34

Jay34 Member

Austin FC
    United States
    Aug 26, 2018
    Austin, TX
    Pronounced correctly they sound quite different.

In any case, this is Texas, not Ohio. The USMNT kinda sucks and El Tri don't. Deal with it.

4. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    That is quite the tortured analogy.

5. wingman2468

wingman2468 Member

Austin FC
    United States
    May 25, 2018
    Why are you still on this just let it go.

6. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually its tortured trolling. To equate someone yelling Go/Vamos El Tree at a AFC game to someone yelling Go Horns at an Aggie game is laughable and moronic. Its gibberish. Quit feeding the troll is is the answer.

Austin Chronicle issue had IndyNext as the #3 Faceplant of 2018.
    "Faux-populist front group for angry white men's money showed its entire ass with Pepe the Frog gaffe"
    Elsewhere in the issue it said" A fairly bumbling and unexpectedly bigoted Astroturf compaign to throw the the whole thing to the voters-ostensibly a populist effort by IndyAustin but mostly funded by PSVs rival sports entrepreneurs at COTA-stalled out by year end".

Jay34 repped this.
  7. wingman2468

wingman2468 Member

Austin FC
    United States
    May 25, 2018
    Exactly this. I've lived in Austin and College Station and Lubbock, three of the most important college football towns in Texas. Professional soccer is not even a possibility in any city except Austin. We can not overstate the importance of soccer in the hill country, a part of texas that has been overlooked for decades.

Jay34 repped this.
  8. wingman2468

wingman2468 Member

Austin FC
    United States
    May 25, 2018
    Dont mind me, i was drunk last night idk

9. MjrGrubert

MjrGrubert BigSoccer Supporter

May 22, 2003
    Whitefish, MT
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That government subsidy sucking Epstein and his front group now called "Friends of McKalla" announced they have 29k in signatures and are trying to screw up the lease agreement per a Bils tweet. Not sure how things go from here so it will interesting. Especially since to it seems there was systemic misinformation given out to get the signatures.
    Boycott the Bold!

10. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An Uber driver I had told me he signed the petition to support soccer. I had to tell him that it was an anti-stadium deal petition.

11. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not as plugged in on the local legalities, but the article said council can just pass the thing as an ordinance, and that this referendum was not a per se referendum on this deal but for future deals of the same type.

Does not look too much a threat unless I am missing something. Article does say PSV can pull out if a referendum imperils the deal. But that does not seem likely, as it doesn't really look like this does & even if it did, I think PSV fights it out.

Am I missing something?

Minnman and Jay34 repped this.
  12. wingman2468

wingman2468 Member

Austin FC
    United States
    May 25, 2018
    Consider this, anytime anyone wanted to do business with the city on public property, Renting a park for a concert or music festival, or the public music hall or arts center, they would need for it to go to a public vote, which only happens twice a year, and cost thousands of dollars per vote.

Essentially that's what the ordinance does.

And the process by which They had been getting signatures during the last city election was corrupt. "Friends of Mckalla" Really??

They collected signatures by telling the community that the ordinance is to support a soccer stadium. And were video taped on multiple occasions giving out false information. The IndyAustin group has also been anti-semetic towards our mayor.

13. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In addition, it will also cost thousands of dollars to hold the election in May. The City of Austin doesn't have anything on any ballot until November. There are other municipalities around Travis County that will have elections in May, but Austin won't. If we do get to vote on this, people will be just as confused about it as they were about the petition. There are times where I want more voter participation, and wish Texas allowed citizen referendums like California and other states. And then, there are times where I hate them. This is a time where I hate them.

14. wingman2468

wingman2468 Member

Austin FC
    United States
    May 25, 2018
  15. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

16. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can anyone translate this? I'm afraid I'm english only.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  17. AustinSoccerBro

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2018
    Petition can't be on the ballot until November, which will be after they've broken ground on the stadium. Zero impact on this deal.

VioletCrown repped this.
  18. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m a bit sad about the head groundskeeper going to Austin. The field at Mapfre was always exquisite. That’s a great get.

DonJuego repped this.
  19. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    wingman2468 repped this.
  20. wingman2468

wingman2468 Member

Austin FC
    United States
    May 25, 2018
    We now know the official Austin FC office space will be located in the domain!
    the almost 16000 square foot office space will be plenty large enough to fit all 100 front office members.

That being said, Does anybody have a guess to where they will be putting the Training facility?

My guess is a partnership with T&C Fields right down the road. They already have a partnership with lonestars who use those fields. Many of my nights have been spent out there as a lonestar athlete

21. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    This would be better..
    [​IMG]

GunnerJacket repped this.
  22. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol. Troll. :)

23. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Its the right color.

24. wingman2468

wingman2468 Member

Austin FC
    United States
    May 25, 2018
    I think we need patterned jerseys. Plain colors are are boring. Especially yellow

25. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey!!! At least we're unique and consistent.

I do appreciate Austin avoiding red or blue; like MLS needs another one of those. I never really understood why Colorado ditched green years ago for the Aston Villa look. I loved the green, and the league was totally without it until Seattle joined in 2009. Though their neon "green" seems to have been inspired this this:

[​IMG]

Portland, IMHO, is the only classy green uniform in the league. There's certainly room for a second.

wingman2468 repped this.