MLS Hater Jeff Kessler Finds New Dupes

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Bill Archer, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bullshit. Stop projecting.

She did it at a freaking NWSL game in front of 5k people with a few hundred watching on fuzzy youtube that didn't even show her.

2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She got primo ESPN Sportscenter time and a special interview. She's milking it good.

3. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would you tell them that lie?

jayd8888, AndyMead, sitruc and 1 other person repped this.
  4. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread will officially be better off without you.

jayd8888, Auriaprottu, AndyMead and 5 others repped this.
  5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you not following the conversation about what the Garfield football team did Friday night?

6. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Who put this crazy idea in your head?

7. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I hope this isn't a thread ban for Westside. All sides should be heard especially in light of the subject.

Bill Archer repped this.
  8. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4333 Yoshou, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Because that is a lie. There have been multiple studies that if the same resume is submitted with a "black name" and a "white name", the "white name" will get more interviews, submit the same resume with the only change being a historically black college for an average college and the resume with the average college will get more interviews, submit the identical resume, but send someone black or someone white to the interviews and the white person will get more offers, or send a resume with higher qualifications and a resume with lower qualifications and if both are selected, send someone black to the interview for the higher qualified resume and a white person to the lower qualified resume and the white person will get the offer..

AndyMead, El Naranja, sitruc and 2 others repped this.
  9. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All REASONABLE sides, when presented by people who don't make me wonder if they've been sniffing White-Out.

bigredfutbol, sitruc and xtomx repped this.
  10. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many times does he have to be exposed as a liar?

sitruc repped this.
  11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he could keep it to just airing his side I'd agree. He's resorted to (multiple times) personal insults and insults of acquaintances of other posters he doesn't even know. If a mod feels like a thread ban is appropriate for that I would not disagree.

sitruc repped this.
  12. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    This discussion has morphed into a freedom of expression debate. It has more value when all views are heard even if they are inane.

jayd8888 repped this.
  13. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That is another bad argument.

If you were arguing about "voter fraud" and the tens of millions of dollars wasted "fighting" an issue that does not exist (and is a poorly veiled excuse for disenfranchising lower income and minority voters), I could agree with you.

However, the discrimination faced by transgender individuals is extremely real and laws like the one enacted FURTHER the discrimination, not ameliorate it.

As for your "spend money on auto deaths," remember, North Carolina spent hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars enacting a law specifically to discriminate against transgender individuals, not to fight any problem.

Hence, the outrage about the law.

jayd8888 repped this.
  14. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Understand but if you truly think it's White-Out you should keep him here. I never understood the idea that we should confront racism by running away.

xtomx repped this.
  15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Insulting other posters and particularly acquaintances of other posters that have never been met isn't inane, its trolling.

sitruc repped this.
  16. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
    Yeah. On this note, I'm out. Someone tag me or instatweet or gaforble my doptiloo if there's mpre Kessler news in this thread.

bigredfutbol and JasonMa repped this.
  17. chungachanga

chungachanga Member

Dec 12, 2011
    #4342 chungachanga, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    I was more bothered by a few people who disagreed with him in this thread tbh, being condescendending and trying to bully him.

I don't think banning him for an opinion is a good idea, the focus should be on keeping the discussion civil.

Mod job is a tough one, I could never do it.

westcoast ape repped this.
  18. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    The Netherlands' women's soccer team looks better than the country's men's team. Wonder how they're paid.

billf repped this.
  19. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's running away? No one really. The people that realize that the law is essentially indefensible from the standpoint of protecting women & girls from predators using pretending to be trans-whatever as a means for sexual are nowhere to be found. They're not even going to waste the electrons defending the legislatures invasion of privacy.

No, all we have left is @Jazzy Altidore with a string of false equivalencies and @Westside Cosmo with a slew with veiled & not so veiled bigotry, which when you get to that point, and you're saying those are "discussion", well, you're just saying easily debunked racial & other fear based stereotypes have validity.
    As if repeatedly responding with varying degrees of veiled to overt racial & other phobic retorts isn't on it's face, condescending and a form of bullying.

jayd8888, JasonMa and sitruc repped this.
  20. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheese & Wooden Shoes

Beau Dure repped this.
  21. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked it better when it was just tanks and Soviet pop music.

PTFC in KCMO, Len, JasonMa and 1 other person repped this.
  22. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry man. If you don't understand that colleges compete like mad tigers over black kids with strong academic credentials then you're so far into your left wing "America hasn't changed since 1965" cocoon that it's a waste oftime discussing it with you.

Maybe you missed the memo about what's going on in universities these days. Or, for that matter, the last 20 or 30 years.

But please, go ahead, call me a bigot too. The "shut up, he explained" response may be wearing thin on the campaign trail but here on BS it still qualifies as a win.

Quinn 33 repped this.
  23. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welp, I see I managed to get Bill back in here. I would have thought he would have responded to this by now, but I guess that was me telling him to "shut up", in like 300 words.

Sadly, that group is underrepresented based on their percentage of the overall population. But that's a whole different problem to address with a lot of social / political / economic factors and with states like Kansas & Oklahoma slashing budgets just to keep schools open (and not all have been), those things are affected white kids now too. GASP!

And they (the black students and the universities) have to continually justify to the world that those students got in on their academics because a bunch of C students can continually find legal backing to sue to overturn any mechanism that has been used to diversify college admissions

In some ways, it's nothing like 1965, in some ways, the world is exactly the same, just for a different minority.

See below

The seem to be getting more diverse, which is a good thing, but they're still less reflective of the general population than they should be. Part of this is due to

No, I won't, because you don't exhibit that language, and never really have. While I disagree with you on many things, calling you a bigot would be a lie.

Is that you telling me to shut up, or running back to your safe space? BTW, whatever happened to noted Independent, @Karl Keller?

jayd8888, AndyMead, xtomx and 1 other person repped this.
  24. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr. Warmth, voice of reason?!?

xtomx, PTFC in KCMO, El Naranja and 2 others repped this.
  25. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    They must have changed his meds over the weekend.