MLS has turned down two offers (Europe) for Haitian sensation Jean Philippe Peguero

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by bana2166, Jun 20, 2006.

1. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    THANKS, BUT NO THANKS
    MLS nixes two Peguero offers, talks continue
    June 19, 2006

[​IMG]

By Dylan Butler
    BigAppleSoccer.com Associate Editor

Major League Soccer has turned down two offers from oversees for Red Bulls red-hot forward Jean Philippe Peguero, according to sources close to the league. But that doesn't mean the Haitian sensation is staying put.

MLS, which has the only say in transfer matters, is still negotiating with another club, sources told BigAppleSoccer.com. On Saturday's broadcast on MSG Network, color commentator Shep Messing, who is also a player agent, said Peguero has drawn interest from Norway, quoting league sources.

Since arriving in New York from Colorado in a trade for Thiago Martins and a first round draft pick in April, Peguero has far and away been the Red Bulls most dangerous attacking player. He has scored eight goals, including six in seven league matches. Peguero's flair and unpredictability, as well as his ability to put the ball in the net, have made him a fan favorite.

The knock on Peguero during his time in Colorado is a questionable work ethic, both over the course of a season and the 90 minutes of a match.

Peguero, whose quiet demeanor off the field does not match his on-field persona, is from Port-de-Paix, Haiti and has 10 national team caps and nine on the U-23 level.

The 25-year-old played with Haitian First Division side Don Bosco and initially drew interest from the Miami Fusion, but was brought over to MLS by Fernando Clavijo, who was his coach on the Haitian National Team. He is the last year of a contract that reportedly pays him $70,000 a year.

2. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Would he become the first Haiti player to play in Europe?

3. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Re: MLS has turned down two offers (Europe) for Haitian sensation Jean Philippe Pegue

Nope ...members of the 1974 World Cup qualifying team play in Europe in the 70's, 80's and so on ...

Right now ....These are the Haitian players I know that are playing in Europe ..

Jean Jacques Pierre Plays for FC Nantes in France
    Wagner Eloi is in Belgium (Forgot the Team name)
    Josua Mayard is in Norway ( NFK Notodden FotballKlub)
    Abraham Francois is in Norway ( NFK Notodden FotballKlub)

There is more but I can't remember where they are ...

4. WarChant

WarChant New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Re: MLS has turned down two offers (Europe) for Haitian sensation Jean Philippe Pegue

It's there a Haitian in Italy?

5. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

Its a two part answer

Yes, there is an Haitain playing in Italy but the Morrocan Federation claim him as their own. .... I don't know why they Morrocan Federation claim him as their own .... I don't know his status with the Morroccan Federation or senior squard ... Maybe he play for them u14, U17 or U20 .. I don't know but they claim him ...

He was born in haiti but adopted by a french couple that raise him in Morocco.

right now he plays for Leece or inter Milan reserves squad ... I don't remember his name, I would have too get back to you about his name & team.

6. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

Norway's Molde F.K. Make Offer for Red Bulls Peguero

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ (MNN) - Earlier this week, sources told NyNjsoccer that a Norwegian club has made an offer for New York Red Bulls forward Jean Philippe Peguero.

"So, far I think the bid's up to $800,000," said Red Bulls Head Coach Mo Johnston.

Molde F.K, the club that is most actively pursuing the Red Bulls forward, has been following Peguero during his recent goal scoring streak. "They've been watching him the last month and they like what they see," Johnston said.

7. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Eloi plays for RAA Louvierois. He's supposedly being watched by FC Nantes.

8. bana2166

bana2166 Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Jamaica Hills-NYCity
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti

I found the Haitian Player playing in Italy ... is name is

Bridece Azor
    Club: Leece
    born 3-18-88 ..(18 Yrs old)
    Nationality : Haiti
    Position : Forward

Link http://www.zerozero.pt/uk/jogador.php?edicao_id=0&id=9196

Here's Moroccan Link http://atlaslions.moonfruit.com/playersprofile

Click on Position
    Click on Forward/Attaquant
    Click on Bridece Azor ... Profile on Moroccan web site ..

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

There is also Jean Beausejour.
    He was born in Chile to a Haitian father (a doctor who lives here in the States) and a mother of mapuche origin (the native people of Chile).
    He was most recently with Beveren in Belgium, but I think he messed up his knee or something and the contract was torn up.
    He has already played for our NT, as well.
    Fucien, another Haitian who played in Chile for a while, went to Zaragoza last year, but he's not listed either on their 1st team squad list or their reserves so I am assuming he has left. I think Bana said he moved back to Haiti.
    Metro

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Peguero heading Brondby's way (Denmark).
    I guess I have to find a new favorite Metro with JP leaving :( .

http://www.metrofanatic.com/story.jsp?ID=3756

Metro