MLS flavors of the week: 2011 Edition [MLS R's]

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by schrutebuck, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moytoy12

moytoy12 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Huh? Gonzo is one of the most underrated CBs in the league? I think most people recognize him as a good MLS CB.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yeah Gonzalez misread the flight of the ball and I am guessing that face mask of his doesn't make it any easier to see balls coming from above but he recovered magnificently.

That Mike Magee is one to watch ;)

3. RiceBubble

RiceBubble Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike Magee is L.A.'s good luck charm. Thought Omar had a MOTM performance tonight.

4. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    Geoff Cameron had a sweet goal tonight...and Klinsi was there to see it.

5. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
  6. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That touch to get it on to his right foot was class. I worry about his quickness at the next level, but he does seem to have "it" in terms of seeing the game.

7. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Yeah, his knee injury took a little bit of quickness and acceleration away from him but I still think in his best position (CB) he would have what it takes to play at the international level. The trick is getting him there in club play which doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon. I think he'd also do quite well at DCM.

You can forget about him being intl quality at ACM though as I really don't feel he has the creativity needed to play incisive balls in the final third. Certainly has range on his shot though as witnessed last night.

Overall I think he'll be called in soon by Klinsi, he was likely one of the more prominent players from that game Klinsmann was looking at, along with Mwanga for the future, JackMac, the Farfans amongst others.

8. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ream looked poor again all night. Had a moment in the first half where he aaas caught in possession near midfield and it lead to espindola being clean in on goal. Marquez got away with a dogso foul that should have been a red and a pk. Ream really needs to get it together.

9. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A little OT but Espindola went down rather easy on that play. Given the fines/suspensions from diving, I can see what the ref was thinking.

Of course, I've also seen that call made too. It all worked out just fine in the end, though.

10. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Reams worst play was Borchers goal. Borchers just waltzed to the ball and held off ream with ease.