MLS DirectKick on Fios

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Dan Kohner, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Dan Kohner

Dan Kohner Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Ok I was chatting with a Fios representative and first he was telling me that the DirectKick ran from 3/3/2017 to 8/2/2017. When I asked why only 8/2 and why he kept saying 2017 he then informed me that MLS DirectKick was not available on Fios this season, but to call back closer to the start of the season. Does anyone know if DirectKick will be available on Fios this season?

2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It's not uncommon for this stuff to not show up until days before if not after the first weekend.

3. Dan Kohner

Dan Kohner Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Cool, thanks!

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also wasn't this the year that ESPN was going to move it onto their own streaming service? Or was that next year?

5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Wasn't that supposed to be last year also?

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was pretty much my experience with Comcast representatives nearly every year when trying to order the MLS Direct Kick package ahead of time until, ironically enough, the final year I had Comcast (2008), when the purchase went surprisingly smoothly.

I switched to DirecTV a few months later and never seemed to have a problem ordering the package since (it typically auto-renews although it didn't this last season for some reason, though the resultant conversation with a DirecTV representative quickly resolved the issue).

-G