By Greg Cohen on Aug 1, 2016 at 6:48 PM
  1. Greg Cohen

Greg Cohen New Member

Aug 13, 2013

MLS Clubs Brace For Crucial Second Half, Tickets Yielding Great Value On Secondary Market

By Greg Cohen on Aug 1, 2016 at 6:48 PM
    Several of the top MLS players will only have a limited window to bounce back after a tough loss to Arsenal in the MLS All-Star Game. Nonetheless, play continues on in the MLS season, with the All-Star Game marking the midpoint of the 2016 campaign, and teams are still jockeying for playoff positions as the calendar flips to August. This weekend’s slate of games features several key inter-conference matchups, including a showdown between top clubs. The top five upcoming games, in terms of get-in ticket price, are presented below.

8/6 Houston Dynamo at Montreal Impact I Saputo Stadium I Get-In: $40

The most expensive get-in ticket price this weekend will feature a clash between Houston and Montreal. Houston (19 points) currently is in last place in the Western Conference and will need to earn points in every matchup if they want to move on. Montreal (29 points) sits fourth in the Eastern Conference and can push for the top seed with a big second half. Fans that want to go to this game can find tickets on Razorgator, where Montreal Impact tickets start at $40.

8/6 Vancouver Whitecaps at Colorado Rapids I Dick’s Sporting Goods Park I Get-In: $29

The second highest get-in ticket price features a Western Conference matchup between Vancouver and Colorado. Vancouver (30 points) currently holds the sixth and final playoff spot in the West, while Colorado (38 points) sits comfortably in second place. On Saturday, Colorado lost its first match in its last 16 games, so expect a big effort at home to bounce back. Fans that want to attend this contest can find Colorado Rapids tickets starting at just $29 on Razorgator. Additionally, those fans who are driving to the game can find parking options for Dick’s Sporting Goods Park parking on ParkWhiz.com.

8/5 NYCFC at San Jose Earthquakes I Avaya Stadium I Get-In: $28

After notching a huge win over the highly-rated Colorado Rapids, NYCFC will travel to California to face the Earthquakes. NYCFC (36 points) sits five points ahead of the NY Red Bulls for first place in the Eastern Conference. San Jose (26 points), meanwhile, is currently eighth in the Western Conference, so they’ll need a big second half in order to secure a playoff spot. The get-in ticket price for this game is $28, which offers a nice value given the clubs involved.

8/6 New England Revolution at Toronto FC I BMO Stadium I Get-In: $24

The New England Revolution will travel north of the border for an Eastern Conference showdown against Toronto FC. Toronto (27 points) and New England (26 points) currently sit fifth and sixth, respectively, in the Eastern Conference, so both teams will need to keep adding points in order secure their playoff seeding. These two teams played to a tie earlier this season, so expect a competitive matchup as well. Fans traveling to this game can find solid ticket options on Razorgator; the get-in ticket price is $24, which is the fourth highest this weekend.

8/3 Real Salt Lake at Toronto FC I BMO Stadium I Get-In: $17

Before hosting the New England Revolution this weekend, Toronto FC will welcome Real Salt Lake (31 points) to BMO Stadium. Real Salt Lake currently sits fifth in the Western Conference, so Toronto will need a big effort in this game. Toronto will need some magic from Sebastian Giovinco, the reigning league MVP. Giovinco notched a hat trick against DC United a week ago, and he’ll look for more of the same in this encounter. The get-in ticket price for this game is only $17, which is one of the best values of the weekend.

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Greg Cohen, Aug 1, 2016.