MLS Carolina

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Sandlapper, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't knoiw about up there, but most Mexicans won't spend the money to come to a game, they work too hard for it. The state soccer association has a state cup tournament every Spring and it's open to all USSF teams registered in SC.

2. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    you ever heard that latin joke that says "latinos work 10 hours per day and still have time for a soccer game after it... :D

soccer is that for the majority of latinos, is like a religion. there is always money for soccer, in my case, im always broke but i there is always enough money to go to the bars, find senoritas and go to soccer games.

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Battery played a couple mexican teams a few years ago, Pueblo and Alanta FC. I cant remember teh group that set up the matches, but they were charging $20 for the cheap tickets at Blackbaud. neither game brought in more than 1500 people IIRC.

Now if we can get Chicago in the Carolina Challenge Cup, I think Blanco would sell a few tickets especially if marketed right.

Mikey

4. Erik S

Erik S Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How long is the CCC before the start of the USL1 season?

5. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it changes every year but the USL season usually starts around the end of April.

6. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    well atlante is not a very popular team but i dont see why it didnt bring much people. maybe they didnt advertize it the way they had to.

if there is a latino league with about 30 teams in columbia, there is got to be more people interested in watching pro soccer. i know we played a pretty good colombian team from greenville a couple of years ago, most of these people looked like real pros, we still beat them but they were good.

it will be hard to get chivas or america bc this are marketing teams and they may ask for a lot of money, what about chivas usa?

the mexican olympic team? or at least the american reserves? or chivas reserves?

the salvadoran national team could be a good option too, there is a lot of us in charlotte, ashville and a few other cities around atlanta, south and north carolina. i dont think there would be much trouble brining our NT.

just ideas.

there is a mexican radio in columbia that all mexicans listen to it, it will be good to advertise any game that involves mexican teams.

my brothers is part of SALA which is the latin club at usc, I can prob help when it comes to spreading the word for games, sometimes those meetings are loaded not just with latinos but with europeans students that are crazy about soccer too.

how about a battery "fiesta" heck even the lakers have the "fiestalaker" in LA, it helps to get the latin audience involved with the team, and they bring a couple of latin celebrities to the place.

7. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ATLANTA IS THE WORST SPORTS CITY IN THE COUNTRY.

People do not care. That is all.

8. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    goin' down ... reading is teh fundamental ;)

9. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With all due respect, there was a great deal of discussion about an MLS team in Atlanta. I am familiar with Atlante and obviously mis-read what the OP wrote, but nevertheless my comment still applies.

I appreciate you attempting to point out an error that wasn't intended to be one. ;)

It's all good.