PBP: MLS 2019 Season Week 31 Game Thread [R]

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by jaykoz3, Oct 2, 2019.

1. cthomer5000

cthomer5000 Member+

Apr 23, 2007
    Raleigh NC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    DC couldn't beat the worst defense in league history while up 2 men at home for over 45 minutes.

ElNaranja, Ismitje, sitruc and 4 others repped this.
  2. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    DC lost home field advantage while playing at home against the worst team in MLS.

Just watch them make MLS Cup

GunnerJacket repped this.
  3. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though LAFC have dominated the West they only finished with one point more than the Red Bulls did last season.

After a terrible start NYCFC has the best record since in 29 games since April 13.

SetPeace repped this.
  4. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Class act by New England, which presented Michael Parkhurst with a special framed print at his retirement celebration here after the match. Bravo Revs.

SccrDon, TOAzer and Ismitje repped this.
  5. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I didn't respond sooner. My computer went haywire for 4 hours this afternoon.:(

My post was somewhat poorly worded. I remember hearing on a pre-game show on the 30th anniversary season of the EPL that there were only 7 teams from the inaugural season (1992-93) that had never been relegated from the Prem. Those teams were: Manchester United, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, and Aston Villa. Villa was relegated after the 2015-16 season (I think) and spent three seasons in the Championship. Everton have gotten off to a slow start so far, and if the Toffees can't pick up the pace, they could leave the "Original EPL-Never Relegated Clubs Fraternity" down to 5 teams.

TOAzer and Ismitje repped this.
  6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Now that I have had time to cool off... ******** DC. ******** United. ******** everything. Another ********ing shit********ing boring completely un********ingbelieveable ridiculous scoreless tie to complete another ********ing shitty week of MLS and another shitty MLS regular season. And of course the women can't even beat South Korea to end the year because Jill Ellis is a shitty coach. Good riddance. ********, the men play this week in DC? ******** the Nations League. ******** Berhalter. ******** CONCACAF. ******** it all.

7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    You seem upset.

8. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But if you guys beat Toronto you can see your team play their thrilling brand of soccer in 1 of 2 $1b+ stadiums.

9. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still not the Law in MLS, don't forget. That comes next year.

JasonMa repped this.
  10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm actually not. I wasn't even @Knave'd. I expected it. I was watching scores and waiting for United to give up a goal.

The US teams however... those @Knave me.

At least Team USA had a pretty good showing in Doha. However, ******** Doha.

11. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Has this been a thing since week 2 of the EPL? I haven't heard of it being called for a while.

12. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    That worst defense in the league gave up 3 goals in their last 5 games, including down two men for over a half.

FCC ended the year on a positive note.

GunnerJacket repped this.
  13. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's still a thing. It's just somewhat rare, I guess.

14. TheRealBilbo

TheRealBilbo Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    It hasn't happened in the Premier League since the second week, when City's stoppage time game winner was pulled out of the net against Spurs. I'm betting its not a coincidence that it hasn't happened in 6 weeks after happening once in each of the first two weeks.

15. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should be kicked out of the playoffs after that performance

16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colorado would be willing to move to the Eastern Conference playoff bracket in their place. They've done it before. :D