PBP: MLS 2019 Season Playoffs Second Round Game Thread [R]

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by jaykoz3, Oct 21, 2019.

1. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You and I both know he's not going to bother.

The biggest reason why this looked worse than it was is because most of the freeze frames are on the wrong frame. The kick point, as specifically defined in Law 11, is the first moment of contact with the ball. The tweet I posted has it right. They know what they're doing.

Even goes on to show what the frames on either side of the kick point look like. A lot can happen in 1/60th of a second.

There is zero chance that PRO wanted this overturned for offside. With the added benefit of the Virtual Offside Line (they've been testing it), that might not be the case, but then we'll all be complaining about disallowing goals for having your big toe in an offside position. [emoji2371]

2. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. You just changed my mind. I thought this was a clearly blown call. Now, I'd say that not overruling was absolutely the right decision.

3. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As this is a MLS thread I just want to acknowledge that Alphonso Davies played 90 minutes for Bayern today, at left-back!

"Alphonso Davies was a surprise pick in the lineup today at left back. The 18-year-old Canadian seems to have shaken of the newbie nerves. He was calm, composed and held his own going in to duels against a gritty Union Berlin side. All in all a very promising game by the young Davies." - Bavarianfootballworks.com

GunnerJacket repped this.
  4. CANPRO

CANPRO Member+

Dec 23, 2002
    As well as Davies playing, Canada is currently playing host Brazil in the u17 WC and leg one of the CPL final is today in Hamilton. Big day for Canadian soccer fans.

5. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    US U-17 1-0 Senegal after 5’.

Busio

Thx,

Jay!

7. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    US now losing after some really bad defense.

8. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, those lads have capitulated. Will be a short tournament for them, I fear.

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    This shit is over. Senegal scored again.

Meanwhile, North Caroline Courage are 2019 NWSL Champions after combing the Chicago Red Stars in the NWSL Championship Game.

10. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Tayvon Gray stupid red in a blowout. Should have just let the player run by you.

Thx,

Jay!

And they score on the ensuing free kick. 4-1

sitruc repped this.
  11. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Wow. Things got worse for the US. Red card. DOGSO.

12. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I guess I never acknowledged the shit that I didn't acknowledge as happeing had come to an end. Oh well.