MLS 2017 Week 15 Continuous PBP Thread [Multiple R]

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Ismitje, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno. A slight majority of the people in my social circles, both in Sac now and in LA before, come from remote towns with four digit or smaller populations.

(Which might be especially odd because Sacramento is not only the smallest city I've lived in, but if you look up my male line ancestors you have to go back to the 1400s to find someone who lived in a smaller city than present-day Sacramento.)

PTFC in KCMO and AndyMead repped this.
  2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tape found of Ismitje reflecting on the last three RSL games (Hou 5, RSL 1; Dal 6, RSL 2; Sac 4, RSL 1):

NSFW!

ElJefe and The Franchise repped this.
  3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Much improved. :thumbsup:

4. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nah, Colman helps hide the fact that Javi Mo has been a horrible signing for FCD. At least Colman is getting on the field, and might yet improve.

5. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yikes.

6. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know when the draw for the next round is taking place?

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    #1107 AndyMead, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    There were a few years in the late 90s when the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Durham Bulls fit that mold with the expansion era Rays buried in the bottom of the American League and the AAA Bulls winning back to back IL championships. All the while players moving back and forth between the two teams.

Ismitje repped this.
  8. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Beating the Galaxy in the USOC isn't really a thing. Trust me, I've checked. My club beat them three straight years - with Bruce and Landon and Robbie even showing up the third year - and we're still in the NASL.

Plus the draw for the fifth round hasn't been made, so you have no idea who you're playing next.

9. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Last night they were saying 10am today. That's probably ET, but occasionally Soccer House in Chicago gives out CT times.

onefineesq repped this.
  10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Sure, but JaviMo was signed as a cheap and temporary bandaid on a free transfer to fill Diaz' spot until he got back. Which is basically now. That was probably a bigger story than has been reported from last night. Mauro Diaz went 90 minutes. He was rusty, but he went 90 minutes. I would also add that Pareja started Morales as a #8 in last night's game. He was awful in that role. Oscar swapped in a 17 year old to play the position, Pomykol, who did better. There's a reason RSL let JaviMo walk.

Cristian Colman is either the 1st or 2nd highest transfer fee FCD has ever paid for a player. He was advertised as the goal-scorer that FCD needed to put them over the top. He was advertised as being a guy that a lot of clubs wanted (Sao Paolo? Can't remember), but FCD paid the big bucks to get him. And the guy can't score. We'll continue to be patient, because we're FC Dallas. If this was a club with a bigger, more vocal, fanbase there would be howls of derision about this signing from all quarters. Right now we're all telling each other that maybe he'll get better and just needs experience in the States. Experience isn't what a guy needs when he's squandering opportunities against a poor USLPro team.

I'd say Colman's biggest contribution since arriving has been to light a fire under Urruti. And that's somethin', because Maxi has been really good.

FCD is about to put the band back together. They're 3 points back from 1st position in the West (with two games in hand), and have yet to play an MLS game with their best player starting.

They're also an injury to Matt Hedges away from missing the playoffs.........................!!!

AndyMead repped this.
  11. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Ortiz @ DCU.

12. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    AndyMead and The Franchise repped this.
  13. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The pods were determined already:
    Sea, SJ, Sac, LA
    Col, KC, Dal, Hou
    Chi, Cin, Atl, Mia
    DC, Phi, NY, NE

There's a 1/3 chance of a USL-NASL match.

14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arguably none of those teams play in the Southwest. KC certainly doesn't.

15. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Considering everybody seems to think Columbus is somehow in the "Midwest", that would put Memphis in the "Southwest".

No wonder Americans are terrible at geography. Our directional labels are stuck in the 1820s

JasonMa and Sounders78 repped this.
  16. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, if Chicago is is in the Northwest (eg Northwestern University), then of course Columbus is in the Midwest!

I always thought it funny how I could drive 1,000 miles east and still be in the West, whereas if someone on the other coast drives 1,000 miles west they are in the Midwest!

sitruc and Zoidberg repped this.
  17. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Of course Illinois would go into the Northwest by that logic.;)

Hell, I bet most in New England at the time still considered Columbus part of the Northwest, and Western NY the Midwest.:D

18. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    TBF...I have now come to consider anything South of the Hudson River...the South.:D

All about current point of view!

19. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I'm gonna still go with Colman as the bigger disappointment, due to his price tag and the expectation levels. Morales is costing FCD $300k in salary, but they got him from RSL for free, and his job was just to hold down the fort in central midfield until Diaz got back. Diaz is back and working his way back into form, and Acosta has stepped up his game this season, so even though Morales has been largely a disappointment, he's not a costly one.

Meanwhile, Colman is costing $385k PLUS the $2 million transfer fee, and FCD still doesn't really have what he was brought in to provide: a reliable goal-scoring #9 to complement Maxi Urruti up front.

20. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    You know, I'm not defending Colman, he is a bust up til now.
    I'm only pointing out that he isn't the only bust.
    Javi Mo has been horrible. He is slower than slow, and has offered very little when he has actually played, and has in my opinion been detrimental to the team.
    Here's a club full of speedsters, you got the Flash, the Reverse Flash, Kid Flash, Zoom, Zavitar, the Rival and a slow Argentinian who's a liability on the defensive side to boot.
    Colman may yet improve, but Javi Mo only has one way to go, and that's right out to pasture.

The Franchise repped this.
  21. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repped for list of DC speedsters. Though you missed a few, like Impulse and Max Mercury.

El Chico Carmona repped this.
  22. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    [​IMG]

23. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    They haven't been introduced in the Arrowverse yet :)

Gamecock14, The Franchise and JasonMa repped this.
  24. ManiacalClown

ManiacalClown Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DAMMIT BARRY

25. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000