MLS 2014 TV Thread (Ratings, contracts etc)

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by MLSFan123, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't MLS have the deal that National televised games became available after 48 or so hours on MLS live, maybe it will be a similar deal (maybe 24 hours) where ESPN shows the games live, but MLS keeps the rights to show them latter on with all the belts and whistles of MLS live (I guess a change of name would be necessary).

2. bremen24

bremen24 Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'm hopeful, but not that hopeful.

Rumors were that the online rights were a sticking point. ESPN wanted them and MLS didn't want to give them up. If true it would be rather, odd, for ESPN to then turn around and decide letting MLS Live continue to show games is peachy.

edit: I'm such a downer I know, but as someone who doesn't have access to games on cable I really really want this

3. blacksun

blacksun Member+

Mar 30, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The current MLS Live does not, it uses geoip detection to block access from other countries (unless you use a vpn, of course). I doubt that will change.

4. mcwater2k9

mcwater2k9 Member

Dec 12, 2009
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shame b/c there are quite a few US Canadian Brits etc. who live and work here and the rest of Asia. I think they are missing an opportunity to grow the brand. I can watch EPL on TV. Wish I could see MLS in some form.

5. holiday

holiday Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    mlslive is awesome.

Centennial repped this.