Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    if you ordered from soccer.com, i'd recommend you call and confirm that you're actually going to get them.

2. vaporshockorange

Mar 7, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    You contacted them or they sent you a cancellation email? I recieved two emails, one on the 21st and the other 22nd. Both stating that the same thing, that they will be shipped on the 24th, and arriving on the 30th.

3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    @vaporshockorange, i got the email saying the same thing you did. i called to confirm i would be getting them shortly after i received the email. the rep said my order would be filled; they just hadn't received the shoes from mizuno yet. a week or so later i sent an email asking for an update. that's when they responded saying sorry, your order isn't going to be filled.

4. 2k2tii

2k2tii Member

Nov 6, 2013
    I think it’s different for turf shoes, not as much demand.

5. vaporshockorange

Mar 7, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    @stphnsn Thanks, I'll wait and see till the 24th I guess, got them for a good price around 210$ shipped. The only reason I got them was the leather, dont really care about the color. If the leather is not much different from the regular pair then I will return them.

6. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    a rare sight in the EPL....Fabri, the Fulham Goalkeeper is wearing Mizuno Morelia Neo-II

upload_2018-8-18_8-31-2.png

jihado86, derbyyank13 and kiongsm repped this.
  7. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was wearing Puma King Pro SG during the pre-season and the first EPL game.
    Looks like he's out of contract and he's free to wear whatever he wants.
    BTW, notice how every player out of contract opts for leather classic boots, also when you see technical stuff of any team, they all use the heritage silo of the brand sponsoring their team, example, in Man City they all wear Nike Premier, in Real Madrid they all wear Copa Mundial, etc ....
    It gives an idea that most of (if not all) the new boots are just gimmicks and brands force their players using contracts for marketing.

DanielVP7 and newone88 repped this.
  8. Running_Man

Running_Man Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Asia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Anyone ever worn / experienced the Morelia Neo AG if you could share your thoughts?

Some of the AG pitch i play on are getting old hence i am considering to snap up a pair of Morelia Neo AG.

Thx

9. davidas

davidas Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I've a pair of Neo II AG, they are ok.

I also play on a older type of AG pitch where the "grass" is flat and dampening is not much. I've got the blue/yellow one that came after the release of the V2 Neo's and now after one season of training and bi-weekly playing on them the insole is gone and my feet hurt while playing. Also there's some seperation of the toe box and sole plate where all the rubber grains are piling up.

If i have to chose between them or my old Adi 11Pro AGs, then i choose them over the Neo's.

10. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    For indoor, thoughts on the japanese Morelia TFs (tongueless) sold in Japan vs. the NEO Tfs? Which do you think are better? Are they the same? I want something comfy...

[​IMG]

vs.

[​IMG]

11. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    The Morelia TFs are wider than the Neo turfs.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  12. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    also the Morelia TF is full leather while the NEO is forefoot leather only..

derbyyank13 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmm...I have a super narrow foot....so I may have to get the NEO one. My only thing that's keeping me on for the MOrelia's, the leather looks more 'padded', My feet in indoor get TORE up. Guys like to step all over my feet with my playing style.

cadmonkey12 repped this.
  14. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    The Monarcida Turfs are a good way to go too. Again, not as padded as the Morelias but the fit is narrower.

15. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    simply the best!

i feel the tongue rather too thin, no padding at all, maybe bcos it's a "lightweight" speed boots

the color is really "steely n solid" feel!

Attached Files:

16. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC

Morelia Wave is being discontinued this year...

newone88 and jayc23 repped this.
  17. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    can't blame them, wave's were probably in a weird place in between the morelia 2s and the neos.

surprised that they can't incorporate it into the morelia 2's somehow, and even then i think they aren't doing a good enough job marketing out their wave tech =/

derbyyank13 repped this.
  18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Dang My
    Yea--they are pretty sweet, the ones I am looking at! Only thing is, it's artificial leather is my concern.

Looks like my Green Morelia Waves that I got from Korea back in the day are an ultra rare collectors item now! LOL

derbyyank13 and newone88 repped this.
  19. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    i have a pair of UK6.5 Morelia Wave (black-white), used a few times

anyone interested?

20. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Ah yeah that's true.

Haha yeah they are!

21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Absolutely love these!!

22. 2k2tii

2k2tii Member

Nov 6, 2013

I have the blackout Neo Turfs on preorder from Soccer.com

I also have a super narrow, high arch foot so I am glad to hear these are more narrow than the Morelias.

I don’t really care that the boot is only leather on the forefoot, personally.

I’m a leather snob but we only really ever use the forefoot for touching the ball.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  23. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Camarasa scored a goal for Cardiff against Arsenal today wearing the new gold Neo II

upload_2018-9-2_9-24-26.png

john_mizuno8 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  24. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Looks like Torres is wearing the Morelia Neo 2. e7545ecf.jpeg

newone88 repped this.