Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    They definitely won't. The Morelia is a much more robust boot than the Neo in general. I severely sprained my ankle last week on turf but I don't necessarily think it had anything to do with the boot-turf combination. I was trying to curl a ball into the far corner right footed so my weight was slightly leaning to my left foot and when I planted my left ankle to hit the ball it collapsed under me. I haven't had an ankle injury in a very long time, they're way more annoying in the short term than a knee injury. I can't do anything!

That's the end of my derail.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  2. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
  3. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Hey @kiongsm , in the same size, is the Rebula V1 JP tighter than its Indonesian counterpart?

I went with a size 260 (8 US) with the Indo Rebula V1 and I didn’t like the size, it was half a size too big. I found a V1 MIJ for a bargain but it’s also a size 260. Should I go for it?

4. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    How do they compare vs the Neo II MIJ? I was considering whether to buy a Monarcida 2 Neo MIJ now or a Neo II MIJ in a couple months after some saving up. I want to ride back on the Mizuno horse, i'm just about tired of my Nikes having durability problems here and there.

5. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Jax,

re V1 vs V1 JP:
    V1 JP does feel tighter overall; but shoe length is the same
    V1 (Indonesia) has a higher toe box; which i much preferred
    after a few games, V1 JP will mould perfectly and it does get softer n softer
    i wear the same size in both.....
    just replace the V1 JP insoles with a thicker ones, it might work
    your "too big" - how much extra space at the toe end? if more than 0.5cm, then u might need to go down to 25.5

re Monarcida 2 Neo JP vs Morelia Neo 2 JP:
    i'm afraid i can't compare them, as i do not hv the latter....
    all i can vouch is tht the Monarcida 2 Neo JP is really worth the $$$, now almost 40% OFF!!!!!
    i like very much the stitching pattern of the forefoot, the insole is MZ new grip-sole, the leather is very soft n it has the abrasion-resistance/protection coating - shud enhance the durability

outsole is the same on both; i only use my Monarcida 2 Neo JP on artificial grass pitches - i find the small rounded studs really suits

hope the abv helps.....

Jaxinho repped this.
  6. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks a lot @kiongsm! I decided on the Monarcida 2 Neo JP
    Thanks a lot! I decided on the Monarcida, through the link that you posted. $85 for an MIJ is not bad at all!
    By the way, would you know if Pit-Sports ships out on Saturdays and Sundays?

7. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Jaxinho repped this.
  8. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks a lot for all your help. Yeah, I tried using Tenso last year when I ordered from Spolan and it did bring about 2 days worth of hassle. I might just spend the extra $15 and order from Sportskym. Cheers!

9. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Yeah....good call

Yasuaki Hashimoto san is very helpful indeed

Jaxinho repped this.
  10. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Would anyone be interested in buying a slightly used pair of runbird morelias, and easy order short tongue morelias? Both in a size US9.5. I bought them for my collection but im trying to downsize so i thought i would ask here :)

11. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Brazilians love their Mizunos ;)

2A5CE0FB-E8BE-4855-A1A0-A1E140F728A3.jpeg

temesgen and derbyyank13 repped this.
  12. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Absolutely in love with these. I have little Mizuno experience, a Morelia 2, Rebula V1, Basara 101 JP, and then this. This is by far the best in terms of responsiveness, comfort, and lightweightedness (if that is a real word) for me.

Got them yesterday, 6 hours later I went straight to a 2-hour practice session. Minimal foot cramping which I expected because I have width E feet. Studs feel perfect on AG.
    Really am not a fan of stock Mizuno laces, but that’s easily solved.

Overall– amazing. Gave up my Vapor 12, Phantom 3, and Legend 6 for these. 67CAFC7E-776E-48EF-8DCE-A2E60255EC00.jpeg

13. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Jax,

Welcome to the world of Mizuno......bet you wouldn't want to leave!

:)

Jaxinho repped this.
  14. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    They are an excellent pair of boots!

Jaxinho repped this.
  15. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Thank you so much for the recommendation @kiongsm! Top-notch customer service from SportsHeart as well!

@derbyyank13 I wish I got these the first time. Coming from tight synthetics, I must say i’m very impressed with the lockdown, responsiveness, and the touch is surreal.

kiongsm and derbyyank13 repped this.
  16. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I think because they are inexpensive I think they get under-rated super easily.

Jaxinho repped this.
  17. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Random question for you Mizuno guys: do you use thin ‘speed’ laces with your Mizuno boots?
    I generally dislike the laces on any Mizuno models so i’ve always found the need to replace them, but this time I couldn’t find a wide pair of laces that matches the color of mine.

18. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Can you imagine how much Mizuno will make if they re-introduced the Rivaldo wavecups? I have the Wave cups SS, but it isn't the same.

temesgen and derbyyank13 repped this.
  19. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vujojosh over at www.sr4ulaces.com sells laces in many different colors and widths and patterns. He even has laces that pair up well with these "color bomb" releases the manufacturers like put out for new releases.

20. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    Interesting find on Instagram from a user called @photnunan. Some match worn boots in HQ.

Hulk Paraiba:
    DC7E766D-9190-4663-801D-CB85DBEAE8B7.jpeg

7118043F-8C68-4C21-B824-200CD76988A9.jpeg

Mario Djurovski:
    3FB5F3C2-9BD8-4428-B663-14DCA05FF5B5.jpeg

0B240456-A873-4FEE-B958-025CA777FBEB.jpeg

derbyyank13 repped this.
  21. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    holy crap. they look... exactly the same LOL

22. PAPICHULO9

PAPICHULO9 New Member

Feb 21, 2005

I hope they do that.

23. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I agree. Next year is the 20th Anniversary of Rivaldo winning the World Player of the Year award. I hope they decide to do something.

temesgen repped this.