Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, I know the break in time is nothing to worry about, I was more thinking that my size will run out before the price is dropped.

I don't know, tt feels like all the different coloured Morelias are usually somewhat limited in a way? Just one batch and then they're never re-stocked.

2. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    it's kinda weird

only black-white and white-black morelia II are sold in Japan

while ASIA or EU may hv other color releases

but the prices, man, it's like more than 2X vs Japan domestic price

derbyyank13 repped this.
  3. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Thanks gentleman I’ll give them a call but good to know they are reliable. Cheers!

Side note, does anyone living in Australia want to buy a pair of easy order short tongue morelia 2s? They’re in great condition, only worn twice before I went back to my normal Morelia 2s and didn’t go back lol.

4. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

from experience the ASIA/EU colour releases tend to not be as comfortable as the sold in Japan ones. like the leather just isn't as soft etc. its weird.

5. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    jayc,

interesting fact

well, Yasui-san commented that black is the best feel for morelia II......maybe the latest ones will be good

6. MRBA

MRBA Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, this thing is kind of wierd. The first MIJ pair I bought was directly from Japan, while the second pair I got (also MIJ), was ordered from inside of Europe.

The second pair has so far been inferior in fit and feel than the one sent from Japan, despite there being no real difference. They were both the original black/white colourway.

Of course, I might have just gotten unlucky, and the next MIJ pair I get will be just as good as the first.

newone88 repped this.
  7. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    yeap, ditto. from what i've read on forums there's mention of that complaint as well.

I suspect that's why some people online aren't as impressed with MiJ, the ones in japan feel much better than the ones from Europe. the fit is just totally different, my hypothesis is that the ones in europe use a slightly more 'international' last. but.. idk. there's always the rumour that japan keeps its best produce etc for internal consumption.

8. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    46% of Mizuno's total sales occur in Japan. So it wouldn't surprise me if this was the case.

9. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    +1 to this. I had a pair of morelia 2's i bought back in 2015 from japan, then 2 years later bought the same pair from the same shop, and as far as im aware they werent the updated model. the toebox, leather quality and heel feel completely different. i thought i was just unlucky and got a poorer made pair but this makes a bit of sense now

10. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but are you sure the second pair weren't Indonesian? The heal and the toebox are noticeably different on the Indonesian ones.

11. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    not stupid at all mate, they came in a MiJ box from memory? and i ordered them from sportsguide so i hope they were MiJ? i bought my other pair from there and had no problem

12. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Ah right I'm pretty sure Indoensian Morelias aren't sold in Japan so if they were from sportsguide should be MiJ.

Easy to tell from looking at the boot though - the MiJs say "made in Japan" on the tongue, and the Indos say "Est 1985 Japan" or something like that in the same place on the tongue.

13. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    y
    yeah they definitely say made in japan hmmm maybe just an off pair?

14. Mizuno Guy 1985

Mizuno Guy 1985 New Member

Arsenal
    England
    Jan 8, 2018
    Just want to point out that this is not correct. The MIJ items in Europe, US and Asia are all from the same production. Only the packaging varies with the European and US having the same care kit.

15. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I mean we are all aware of that fact, but we were throwing around theories as to why the quality seems different depending on where the boots were purchased.

jayc23 repped this.
  16. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Sorry. Anyone knows any football shops in Tokyo -Asakusa area? Got a friend there in holiday who's gonna help me bring a pair of boots home!

17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Closest would be SSKamo in Ikebukuro. There are several stores in Shibuya though. Gallery 2 in Shibuya looks the best bet outside of going to an SSKamo.
    https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place...4717617f11c837!8m2!3d35.6617799!4d139.6970151

http://www.mizuno.jp/football/shop/?fkncd=13 Here's a list of stores that carry Mizuno Soccer. The SSKamo and Morelia Master stores will carry the most and best stuff.

newone88 repped this.
  18. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    hey guys, wanting to do a Mizuno Morelia Easy Order to Australia in feb/march.

Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!

19. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Pangu repped this.
  20. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

thanks so much! nothing near her so i'll probably buy and ship to her place haha, have my eyes set on the Athletha full leather ones, do you have any experience with those in terms of sizing v Mizunos?

derbyyank13 repped this.
  21. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I haven't tried them on yet and my local shop doesn't have them unfortunately.

22. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    ah damn, really worried about getting the wrong size with those. Kohei went 26.5 but you never know. i went 27.0cm with their futsal and it was slightly too tight for my liking.

but its a full k-leather looking speed boot and the leather looks really thick and plush so i'm tempted to try it over the morelia 2s.

23. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Yeah that's a bit of a pain...

24. Alex57910

Alex57910 Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Pangu what size are you mate? I have a pair of easy order Morelias in a US9.5 I’m trying to get rid of, they’re just about brand new. I bought them with a new pair of MiJ Morelia 2s and I never really liked the short tongue look

Pangu repped this.
  25. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i'm a us 8.5, but might have a buyer for you! where are you located?! probably one to move to the private messages :)

Alex57910 repped this.