Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have not tried on the new Legend (yet), but I have seen it in person and it is impressive. The shape/lasting of the boot is outstanding visually and the heel counter looks and feel both robust and responsive. It is very rounded, which was a huge reason why the 90's and early 00's diadora Brasil fit (me) so well.

The leather is not Mizuno MiJ level, but it is better than most anything else out there on the mass market, especially now that adidas seems to have stupidly axed the leather options on their Ace and X models.

I think I am going to give the Legend a try on this week when I am passing by a local shop; I'll give more feedback once I slip them on.

jayc23 repped this.
  2. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I hear @23ninety is having some durability issues with his Legend VIIs.

3. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes I am and I've had to return today, after only 5 hours of use and they've started to seperate already!

jayc23 repped this.
  4. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How do you find the MIJ ones, I found mine quite uncomfortable out of the box kind of like parts of the frame were pressing against parts of my foot? I went true to size as I do with all Mizuno MIJ but maybe I shouldn't of?

5. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    23-90,

yeah, the MiJ Rebula feels a bit tighter out of the box

like i said, i haven't play in it yet.....maybe it needs some break-in time

if i go half-a-size bigger, length wise, it'll be a bit too long (esp. my L-foot which is a couple of mm shorter)

23ninety repped this.
  6. 23ninety

23ninety Member

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 14, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

7. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    WHAT! wasn't the durability problems supposed to have been fixed? Sigh, was quite excited to try them on.

8. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Not surprised in the slightest.

Unfortunately nike's quality control still seems to be poor. Nothing ever changes.

That's why you should stick with Mizuno!! :p

temesgen repped this.
  9. Stu Maxwell

Stu Maxwell New Member

Tootenham
    Australia
    Jul 12, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Has anyone else found the insoles in their Neo's have become wafer thin under the ball of your foot? Mine are only a few games old but the insole is already unusable, makes the boot quite uncomfy.

I was looking on Rakuten for replacements and found these two:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store...cc_sho_002/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store...cc_sho_003/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en

The yellow ones are nearly double the price of the black ones, not sure what the difference is - has anyone bought replacement insoles? I have tried insoles from other boots in them but I like the grippy surface of the Mizuno insoles, even with Trusox the non-Mizuno insoles are no match.

10. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    the yellow ones has non-slip features.....yes, the grippy surface; go for it :thumbsup:

11. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I had the Basara 101 and you will definitely enjoy those non-slip yellow insoles.

12. Stu Maxwell

Stu Maxwell New Member

Tootenham
    Australia
    Jul 12, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thanks for the info, guys. The black ones which came with the boots have a rough texture to them which is non-slip. Is that what the yellow ones are?

13. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    No, the yellow ones (as long as they say Zero Glide on the website) are a LOT more stickier and grippier. They're on the thinner side but I found that to be a sufficient amount of padding.

Third party-wise, if you wanna try other insoles you can try the Currexsole ActivePro or the Storelli Speedgrips (just cut off the heel tab HAHA).

14. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    I just wanna put this out here but I recently ordered some Mizuno brand laces from a local baseball website and I gotta say these are the BEST I have tried. They are wide, sturdy, made with quality yarn, and have a good volume to them and not just your typical wide but thin replacement laces.
    Best part is they are only $2.89! They are definitely better than SR4U Laces, Knotley, and even those pesky AMO Grip Laces (if you wear heritage-style boots that require wide and maybe longer laces).

Here is the purple Mizuno 51-inch laces side-by-side with a Knotley Flash Heritage (leftmost) and your stock white Morelia II laces. IMG_5439.JPG

15. Stu Maxwell

Stu Maxwell New Member

Tootenham
    Australia
    Jul 12, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hi guys, comparing Neo 2's, Morelia 2's and Rebula V1's in terms of comfort, touch on the ball and shooting accuracy & power, how do they compare?

I have a pair of Indo Neo 2's and love them (except for the insole which has worn out), they wrap my foot like they were moulded around it, very little spare space in front of and around my toes, just perfect fit like I've never experienced in a football boot. The one possible negative I've found, and I don't know if it's real or psychological, is that unless I practice in them regularly I find them very hard to shoot accurately with (I sky the ball a lot and struggle controlling a curled shot) and I struggle taking corners. Totally unlike my 2nd fav boot, my Gloro 15.1's which seem a lot easier to get consistent shots with but don't come close in terms of touch, fit & comfort. I'm not sure if it's the synthetic part (the Gloro has this too but the synthetic seems as grippy as the leather) which has a very different grip to the leather which may be affecting shots with my instep (ie depending on how much leather and how much synthetic strikes the ball may affect how much it curls it) or more likely that I'm just not very good (ie getting old.....). It's kinda strange and hard to explain but if I don't play in them for a week or so, next time out I struggle controlling shots until I get used to them again. I've been playing for 30 years and never experienced this before. I have a number of different boots and can take any of the others out for a quick kick around and nail shots from the get go but not with the Neos.

So, now I'm thinking of either Rebula V1s or Morelia IIs. If I went Morelia IIs I could probably afford MIJ from some of the stores on Rakuten, Rebulas would have to be MII, I think, I can't justify spending that much on MIJ ones. Pro-Direct have them discounted quite a bit at the moment.

Thanks!

Stu.

16. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Stu,

go for the Rebula Vi MII....re PDS.....very good price!

it has a pretty high toe box, fitting very close to morelia MIJ

only downside is minimal padding on the upper (the whole of forefoot, mid and tongue (no padding at all))
    nonetheless, still good

size wise, same length as the morelia

insole is those non-grip surface

leather is good!

heel lock is perfect

outsole grip is second to none

i wear same size for morelia and Rebula

derbyyank13 repped this.
  17. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Honda wore the pink Rebula..no my cup of tea :)

upload_2017-8-31_7-53-9.png

derbyyank13 repped this.
  18. Stu Maxwell

Stu Maxwell New Member

Tootenham
    Australia
    Jul 12, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Thanks for the info! When you say "high toe box" does that mean there is space above your toes? My Neo's have no space above my toes, which is great for close touch but probably not as comfy as if there was a little wiggle room. Regarding size, I wear a UK 7.5 in the MII Neo II's and they fit like a glove. Would you recommend the same size in Rebulas?

BTW, does anyone know what's different about the Neo KL's? They have them at Pro Direct, a little cheaper than the Neo II's, looks like they don't have an external heel counter, I wonder what else is different? With our winter now over and summer coming I was thinking of getting these later on to train in when the ground gets too hard for FG boots:

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prod...ss-Blue-Print-White-Safety-Yellow-156055.aspx

Last year I got some AG Copa 17's for summer training and found the AG studs are so much better on the rock hard playing surfaces we get in an Aussie summer. It's a shame Mizuno don't make more AG boots, I'd wear them over FG boots for most of our winter season as the ground hardly ever gets soft enough for FG studs to really sink in.

Stu.

19. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Stu.....well, for me high toe box allows my "pointy-big-toe nail" sufficient space thus minimised discomfort n numbness after lengthy wear....

the space between my big toe to the edge of the boot (tip-edge) is about 2mm on my right foot and 3-4mm on the left

and i don't wear those padded thick socks but i doubled-thin socks

the Rebula in uk7.5 should be pretty snug for u, i guess....going to uk8 may be too long though width-wise, more comfortable

unfortunately, i don't hv the Neo 2.....i find it too tight and the toe box a little low for my liking

Rebula V1 is almost full leather, thus allow more "stretch" to mould to your foot better

sorry if my input is not helping much

derbyyank13 repped this.
  20. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Okazaki's modified Rebola soleplate. I think this is the SS wave cup one.

upload_2017-9-1_7-21-3.png

derbyyank13, jayc23 and temesgen repped this.
  21. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Apologies if I'm stating the obvious but "KL" stands for Kangaroo Leather. Its only the vamp/forefoot that is leather though, the midfoot etc is still synthetic like the other Neos.

22. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    yea definitely looks like it.

The Neo KL's are sort of the take down of the Made in Indonesia version, think its just normal k-leather (only with mizuno is there such a distinction), and its there as a distinction from the non k-leather neos.

And yes the AG studs for most boots (sans Puma) tend to be better for hard ground surfaces. What I'd recommend as a midway trade off is to get your cobbler (or do it yourself!) and grind down your by a few milimeters, bring you closer to the ground.

23. Jaxinho

Jaxinho Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 16, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    To anyone wanting an amazing deal on some MIJ Wave Ignitus 4, they are on sale at Soccer.com for $115.99 with the coupon code LABORDAY17. Pretty cool if you ask me ;)

24. Dance

Dance New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I have some MIJ Rebulas. They were nearly too tight to put on soI bought some shoe trees and put those in over night. They are still nice and tight, but my foot isn't cramped.

derbyyank13 repped this.
  25. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Want!

Also the Pink Rebula is a super limited edition. The shop closest to me didn't even have access to them, only the biggest stores here got them.

oh and there is a new white colour in the Morelia indoors. I really like mine. Soft and super flexible
    http://blog.livedoor.jp/koheisblog/archives/9644827.html
    [​IMG]