Mizuno Thread [9] - info, pictures, questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, May 9, 2014.

1. whitesockslouis

May 22, 2015
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Tbh tough finding insoles thinner than the ones that come with the morelias

2. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    if you have any of the adidas super light ones those should work!

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What size are you? A buddy may be looking to sell his which don't have much use on them.

4. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    #2904 kiongsm, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    17311881_10154663516368611_162210977_o.jpg 17349264_10154663516223611_1644338160_o.jpg

good choice, indeed.....you'll be impressed!

5. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Do Rivaldo Wave Cup stretch at all? I bought a used 8.5 on a whim, thinking they'll be roomier, but they are tiiightt.

6. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I had gotten a hold of a size 8 last year and they felt like they would maybe stretch a little but not a whole lot.

7. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    yeah, indeed, mizunos k-leather doesn't really stretch much, just mold perfectly to your foot

even if it does, it's only the width, not the length

that's the beauty of it....

Jaxinho and derbyyank13 repped this.
  8. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ahem.... I'm an 8.5 hahah

9. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    So am I.

But I only can buy one more boot this year and I'm saving that for the Rebula.

Pangu repped this.
  10. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Bummer, I am going to give them a go, but doesn't sound/look promising. Sucks.

Hahah they just might end up on marketplace soon.

11. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i tried some neo 2s today, and i was surprised how much more room there was in the forefoot than my mij morelia 2s that i bought in 2015. do people go a half size down from the regular morelias for neos? i didn't like the heel on the neos either so i won't be trying another size. i'm just curious as everything i read said order neos true to size.

i think i'll be going back to my morelias for this year. i put them back on after the neos, brazil ogs, copas, and tiempos, and the morelias were still the comfiest and best fit for my feet. i'm disappointed none of the new shoes fit better, but also kind of excited to start wearing the morelias again.

jayc23 and derbyyank13 repped this.
  12. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I've heard some people do that. The sizing is a little bit strange on the Neos versus other Mizuno boots. I went true to size and they worked out but I'm again wondering if foot shape has something to do with it.

13. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  14. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    Pangu repped this.
  15. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    so these are a hybrid between the neos and the morelia? kangaroo forefoot/synthetic mid and heel and built on the morelia sole?

that blue does look nice. i've never considered ordering direct from japan. i assume they won't ship directly to me in the US, right? that price says $104.75. is that correct? how much am i looking at for shipping? how quick would they get here?

Pangu repped this.
  16. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was really cheap for me in aud too! Hoping it isn't a too good to be true story! Jp25 = us8.5?

17. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    weird, the Neo 2's were one of the hardest boots to break in for me. The forefoot was so tight despite the length being the right size so it took nearly 4 sessions before it moulded to my feet nicely. Love the heel lockdown though.

Sounds awesome! What's the main difference you can feel between it and the Morelia 2's? After being disappointed by all the boots I've bought recently (purecontrol., Neo 2, Obra 2's), I'm contemplating a short tongue M8 with some nice stitching as the main boot.

18. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    re monarcida 2 JP

the kangaroo leather = washable K; not the scotchgard treated used for morelia II MiJ; nonetheless, very soft, comfy, snug

the stitching pattern of the M2JP is specifically developed to minimize elongation (excessive stretching)

last built same as Morelia II, same insole board, but outsole material differs (the chem component is different); but studs pattern = same)

zig-zag (varibale width lacing) to lock your foot firmly

removable insole same as morelia II

buy from this shop:
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sportskym/item/soc_miz_mon_1704/
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sportskym/item/soc_miz_mon_1703/
    they ship directly internationally

JP25 = uk6 = us7
    25.5 = 6.5 = 7.5
    26.0 = 7.0 = 8.0
    27.0 = 7.5 = 8.5

yes, the blue-white ones really standout! I change the laces to blue ones as well....

jayc23 and newone88 repped this.
  19. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
  20. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    haha thanks!

I meant more of, what you felt makes it only 95% of the Morelia 2? The sides weren't as comfortable, you still prefer an all k-leather boot etc?

21. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    morelia II = benchmark @ 100%

yes, full k-leather obviously = the BEST!

22. PZboots

PZboots New Member

Newcastle United
    Serbia
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hi all :).
    One question/observation.
    I had Morelia Classic and played a season in them. Loved the boots, comfortable, great touch, good stable soleplate/studs.
    Next season i decided to upgrade and i bought Mizuno Morelia md. My thinking was: kangaroo upper, so it's an upgrade.

Got the boots, tried them on at home, all good, comfy and leather felt great.
    Went to training next day and it all started going wrong.
    Same size as Classics i wore, but soleplate felt much different.
    I felt like i was in high heels and kept thinking i will roll my ankles. Felt unsteady in them and after trying few more times, had to sell them.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I spent like an hour on internet comparing photos of soleplates of both Classics and Morelia MDs and to me it looks like positioning of studs is different. Classics' studs seem wider and are positioned wider then MDs (more space between studs on the ball of the foot, hence more stable).

I am wearing Speciali Eternals now and find them very stable.

Cheers

P.S.
    I may be strange, but i also found calf leather on Classics more comfortable, as well as the vamp of the booth a bit more spacious.

23. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    #2925 kiongsm, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    PZ,

yes, indeed, the morelia II MD (made in indonesia), heel cup is kinda much different vs the Japan-made ones.....i dont hv the Classic model, but previously when the MD 1st released, it was China made and they hv the same outsole type as the current Classic

and the Runbird 30th anniv MiJ has the same outsole as the Classic as well

i dont hv problem with the II MD, only thing is that it some what feels like the made in Italy umbro speciali 2001 - a little bulky at the heel n narrow at forefoot
    spd_20080903104923_b.jpg