Missy Gregg

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by El Gato, Feb 19, 2003.

1. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hampton Roads??? Excuses, excuses. She's already got a reputation for ducking the competition...

3. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My only thoughts on the Hampton Roads issue is that Washington want her to play close to them so they can keep an eye on her rehab. But why not train and rehab with the WUSA team? I am sure they could tuck her into a developmental spot or on IR.

4. FC Carolina

FC Carolina New Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Perth, W.A.
    The Hampton Roads announcement was actually made before the WUSA draft. Gregg really wasn't expecting anyone to pick her, she just figured she'd go into next year's draft and get selected then. I think it caught her off-guard that Washington chose her.

They have her draft rights for a year. I bet what happens is that they work out a deal, but she doesn't sign. She rehabs, trains and plays at Hampton Roads, and then, when the W-League season is over, signs the contract with the Freedom. This will allow Washington to use the roster spot on someone else until she's 100% ready to play.

5. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting that she chose HR over the rest of the teams. Someone must have a connection with her. Could have dangerous on a team like Boston or Long Island.

6. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HRP is not chopped liver. They have an organisation that has done well over the years and it's close enough to DC. Also, HRP will host the W-League final four so Missy will have her stage. From the soccerradio interview with her, she would have stayed in Memphis, but that franchise is on hiatus.

From HRP last week:
    Piranhas Sign two Time Player of the Year Missy Gregg