Rumor: Mission Impossible: Replacing Infinito ∞ | The 2018-19 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    de Ligt has the potential to become the best Dutch defender ever and one of the best defender of all time. I know that’s too much hype for a 19 yr old, but he’s already close to world class at this age and arguably already on that level. If Barca signs de Ligt then I have no doubt we would destroy big teams easily from next season onwards. The team is complete with de Jong and Arthur bossing the midfield and it’s pretty obvious Rakitic won’t start.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  2. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    de ligt was the reason Ronaldo scored the first goal , if he marks players like this we will concede on every corner :confused:

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There are some screen plays that are just very well executed . This is one of them . Besides holding Ronaldo , it was going to be tough chasing him .

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He's Klopp's first name on the teamsheet as Busqs was for Pep .... That's all you need to know really ..

5. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    To be fair to the lad ... even Puyol at his glorious best would have struggled to do much about Cronaldo's movement for that goal ( I detest fakeRonaldo incidentally) ..

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  6. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Uhm no, deLigt was knocked over by his own player, thats why he couldnt block Ronaldo.

Go watch a few different angles

BocaFan repped this.
  7. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    we already signed the first name on Klopp's teamsheet and he hasn't been good enough.

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Guess I can just stop watching Barca for the next 15 years then. I’ll check back here in 2034.

Cheers.:thumbsup:

evil_allan and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LOL.....even without deLigt getting knocked over, that would still be very true!!

:thumbsup:

10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Coutinho was never the first name on Klopp’s teamsheet as far as I know ..

11. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He is a very promising player, and already very good, but come on. There's a big difference in having potential to become X, and actually having a career that merits such a status. A lot can happen, and things don't often work according to the best case scenario.

I'd very much like us to sign him, but it's tough to see him take our team to some new level, the level of our team is already extremely high. But if he is a CB that undoubtedly makes us easily destroy big teams, go for it.

12. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Depends how he actually fills the sheet. If he starts from the bottom, maybe Karius was. :coffee:

unclesox repped this.
  13. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Not many players are captaining their club at his age ..

14. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Are we talking football or just trying out jokes to see who’s the unfunniest ?

15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sometimes it is hard to tell.

condor11 repped this.
  16. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    True, but it doesn't guarantee anything.

To me, when a club has a 19-year-old captain, it says more about the club than the 19 year old dude. How come no player aged 25-35 is capable of being the leader, regardless of how good De Ligt is?

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Why ask me .. you think you know all the answers .. you’d be better served advising the Ajax backroom staff rather than wasting your time ( and ours ) in here ..

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Unfortunately their previous captain, Veltman, suffered a serious injury about a year ago and has barely played since.

Also, the player turnover at Ajax is such that De Ligt is already one of their longest serving regular starters. :laugh: It’s basically between him, van der Beek and Onana. Vd Beek is only 18 months older than De Ligt. Re: Onana... generally the preference is to the defender over the goalkeeper ( especially if its a young goalkeeper).

Umm I just play FIFA repped this.
  19. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yes, and exactly for reasons like those him being the Ajax captain does't mean as much as, say, the Netherlands NT captaincy, since the "competition for captaincy" is relatively low (by saying I mean no disrespect to Ajax, my personal "number two" club).

20. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Maybe chill a little.

unclesox, evil_allan and BocaFan repped this.
  21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I'd love to be chilled and simply share an opinion or two but this place is filled with people who'd rather try and wind others up than offer an opinion of their own ..

puyol repped this.
  22. messi0826

messi0826 New Member

FC Barcelona
    China
    Apr 18, 2019
    Beijing
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    What Barcelona needs now is to win De Ligt, and then need to find Suarez's successor, and then find a successor for Alba is perfect!

Leon12 and TitoTata repped this.
  23. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    True although Alba looks as though he’ll be here for another 5 years :)

24. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do you know the old expression about people not being able to see the woods for the trees, think that applies to you. Who cares who the Ajax captain is, De Ligt is a wonderful player and Ajax have a marvellous team right now, relax and enjoy and hope he signs for us.

Brilliant Dutch and TitoTata repped this.
  25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Do you guys still have that rivalry thread with Real Madrid??
    If so, please post the link (I cant seem to find it)