Rumor: Mission Impossible: Replacing Infinito ∞ | The 2018-19 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

That's on the injuries and moron EV playing Craperto high upfield while Dembélé was benched. Dembélé needs to play more often otherwise he's going to become utter useless. If Dembele was a masia player he'd play every minute.

2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    The Serbian youngster Sergej Milinković-Savić looks to be a great talent

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I'd be happy if we just go out and buy Chelsea's Willam

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    He’s 30.

5. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I rate Rabiot (but PSG is PSG).

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    So what , he'd be perfect .

He has everything Rakitic has plus so much more as he's much faster across the ground and he's a genuine goal threat plus he can play anywhere across the midfield and the either of the two wide positions up front.

We could even offload a player or two of our 'surplus' players

7. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'd almost consider having a low-budget transfer campaign this summer, and go hard on Salah on summer 2019 (if he kills it the next season).

8. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    #108 Jpows, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Aside from his time at Ajax, I honestly haven't watched Eriksen play often enough to have a substantiated opinion on him. What I can say though, is that I hope Denmark's first WC game was an off-day for him cause otherwise he doesn't seem to be worth near as much as the reports suggest. From what I've seen from Rabiot I still can't see why he's rated so highly. Pjanic would be nice depending on the price, he's 28 after all, so he'd be a short-term solution.

As far as Thiago's concerned, I don't know how to feel about him. Sometimes I feel that players who were let go by their clubs were not released without good reason, and recent history has shown, that when they are re-signed they do not perform as one would have hoped. Pogba for Man U, Matic for Chelsea, even Lukaku, who has been decent for Man U, but has he been all they hoped for? I doubt Chelsea are losing sleep over not resigning him. Don't get me wrong, I rate Thiago as a player, but the track record of such instances isn't enticing, at least not of late.

That leaves us with de Jong, who, in my opinion, has loads of talent and fits Barcelona like a glove as far as his style of play is concerned. The downside is that he lacks the experience, which is risky in terms of having an immediate impact or the need for an adjustment period. After Madrid's consecutive CL wins the pressure on Barcelona to win this cup is more than ever, which means they might not want to take the risk of a player not having an immediate impact on the team. I do believe de Jong is a special talent, so I hope we can at least get him for the future and get Pjanic for a decent price while de Jong adjusts to the league and the team.

Last but not least, I like what I have seen from this Golovin kid in his first two WC matches with Russia. I can see why he's rated by many and definitely one to keep an eye on for the duration of Russia's WC. He has only faced inferior competition though, so I'm interested to see how he does against better opposition now that Russia has pretty much advanced to the next stage of the WC.

Trillz repped this.
  9. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    are you talking about Chelsea's Willian?

10. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i haven't seen him play for Lazio. but haven't been impressed by him in the WC. was expecting more from him.

11. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I can’t say I want SMS to come to Barca, but to be fair, up to this point it’s been tough to judge potential targets in this WC. Judged solely by this WC I wouldn’t say Eriksen is worth his alledged pricetag either. Same for Griezmann.

evil_allan and TitoTata repped this.
  12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Other than Coutinho, only really SMS and the Russian number 6 .. Cheryshev has really impressed me tbh

13. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Cheryshev has already done us a favour. #copa2015

Trillz repped this.
  14. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    What do you guys think of Eriksen after 3 WC matches? He’s been very underwhelming imo. Should we ascribe this to being in a shitty squad or is he just not THAT good? I’m thinking a pass on Eriksen, especially because we’re likely gonna have to overpay to get him (cause Levy).

15. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Denmark has been disappointing overall. but in the EPL Eriksen has been performing at comparable levels to Coutinho over the past several years. so the quality is there but i agree that he would be over priced and there are possibly cheaper options of comparable quality. Pjanic and Thiago are being mentioned a lot and would probably cost less. any one of those three would probably improve Barca's midfield.

16. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #116 JoCryuff98, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Thiago is injury prone though. I would actually sign De Jong who’s been impressive for Ajax. I’ve been following some Ajax games and he’s pretty much Barca material. He’s also Dutch:) and the lad is complete enough to play as a CB.

Trillz repped this.
  17. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    This year, I see Barcelona betting on a midfield of Arthur, Coutinho,Rakitic,sergi Roberto and busquets. I don't see Thiago coming but I will rather sign him.

18. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think WC is a bad tool to analyse players, it's such a small sample. One thing World Cup does is boost players' marketability, and a great World Cup might act as an crucible for a player, but there's a reason clubs don't overestimate World Cup.

We have plenty of evidence of Eriksen, he is a good player, but like you said, tough to get good value-to-money ratio, and it's not like he is a new Iniesta anyway, so yeah, pass.

FWIW, I don't think Denmark is all that bad. They never claimed to be Germany or other footballing giant, but they have a decent squad, the kinda team that can make it to R16 with a not-perfect group stage performance.

puyol and Jpows repped this.
  19. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    #119 Jpows, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    I agree that the WC is not the best indicator of quality in terms of sample size. Any country or player can have a bad tournament. I still hope we don't go for Eriksen, at least not for the alleged price-tag. Don't feel like dealing with Levy in that regard. I'd rather go Pjanic, de Jong, and Arthur as our midfield signings. Pjanic can hold it down while the latter two adjust. I also hope we sell Mina regardless of the hype surrounding him currently after one decent game for Colombia. Everyone was severely under par against Levante, but imo he was so badly exposed for his utter lack of pace and very bad positioning. Too risky to keep him in the hopes of a big improvement in his game. Lenglet would be a much better bet; a starter for a good La Liga team, and is only 23. De Ligt would be nice as well, though lacking in La Liga experience, he has plenty of experience in Europe, being the youngest player (starter) ever in a Europa Cup final, and being an important part in the games leading up to that final.

20. Trillz

Trillz Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna II
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  21. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I actually wouldn’t mind James at Barca at all, he’s quality. I just wonder where he’d fit in.

22. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That’s true. I mean he could play as a CM, unless we sell someone like Rakitic.

23. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #124 JoCryuff98, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Anyways we’ll be signing Arthur Melo who could be a starter for us if he does well in his debut season. I have high hopes from what I’ve seen. We’re also heavily linked with Frenkie De Jong who’s good enough to start for Barca.

24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Frenkie looks very promising, but he's not even been first choice at Ajax yet.
    last season he only started 16 league games and started none of their Europa League matches (Wikipedia).
    was he injured the rest of the time?