Rumor: Mission Impossible: Replacing Infinito ∞ | The 2018-19 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think it's impossible anyways. Like PSG are going to want less and 200m. Barca couldn't afford it without some major sales. Only an EPL club would for example pay 100m for Dembele and Coutinho isn't leaving.

2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, there's a fine line between "good selfishness" and "bad selfishness". Neymar is exceptionally good player either way, all his weaknesses included. As to how coachable he is, tough to really say without real inside information, but I'd say it's a skill to be coachable: you don't need to act like any coach is fantastic, but normally it gets really tricky really fast when you don't try your best to work together with your coach. If you don't, you put yourself to a position that likely doesn't belong to you. Not blaming Neymar of this, just saying in general.

3. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Money-wise, we could do it as much as any club. It's a matter of choice, where we want to spend. We buy expensive and really expensive players all the time.

4. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

He's not even worth 100M€ let alone 200M€. IMO his value, his brand and his skills has taken a dive, he should just go to LPB and shoot over the bar there.

5. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Tough to put an exact number, but he has many things going for him. He isn't super-young, but still only 26. He is very marketable. When Coutinho goes for 160M, and the current owner is PSG, it's not like you can submit an offer of 75M and expect it get accepted.

Honestly, there would be something nice about him going to Madrid. :D:coffee:

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If we'd get Mbappe instead then it would be marvelous.

7. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    part of me would like to see this happen too. :sneaky:

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not sure about that. We don't have that many players with a sky-high market value that we could sell or trade to help soften the blow that Neymar's price-tag will cause . I mean, not compared to, say, Real Madrid who could get a huge chunk of change by selling the likes of Bale, Isco and/or Asensio to EPL teams.

The only way I see Barca coming-up with €200m is by making their squad worse (i.e. selling Messi or MAtS + another key starter). With LPB just selling Bale to United would already probably generate more than half the required revenue.

Seems feasible for LPB and just impossible for Barca from a financial perspective. And the non-financial factors make Barca an even more difficult option compared to a few other clubs.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sounds like the Neymar rumor is legit. Same guy who leaked the PSG transfer news is saying he talks to Suarez almost daily seeing if they can convince the board to negotiate him back.

Like we said, there is no money unless pieces are sold. He supposedly had a clause in the contract that he couldn't move after his first year at PSG. Given Florentino is being stingy in the transfer window, it sounds like he will land in Madrid next season. That's my guess anyways.

10. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I don't see Neymar coming back, but if he did we'd need to sell Dembele and Malcolm for close to what we paid, also get cash (not just loan) for Gomes. But still feel we could spend better elsewhere, and I'd only take Ney back for what we were paid, and with a 500M release. I don't see it happening. But MSN back together with Coutinho, Arthur and the rest of the old crew (Busi, Raki, Alba, what's left of Pique, Umtiti, Rob-medo (in the style of Ed-motta)) would be pretty nice for a year or two or three.

What I do see is we need a right footed CB, I'm getting on board the De Ligt express but here are other names:

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...of-all-barcelonas-centre-back-targets-7093485

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    5:1 thrashing of Madrid today means we're stuck with Valverde until next Summer :(

puyol repped this.
  12. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Stuck with Rafinha and Munir as well , any other coach would never put them ahead of Vidal-Dembele-Malcom but what else can we do :unsure:

13. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think Rafinha and Munir will be ahead of those guys. I do hope Dembele finds his spot but with Arthur starting (I think we all should agree he should) he is going to share minutes with Coutinho as Coutinho gets pushed up to the left wing. And he can come in for Messi in the CDR.

Munir unfortunately will come in if Suarez needs a rest. There is no solution for that unless Messi is deployed up front.

I'd like Vidal to get minutes from Rakitic and I hope they figure it out in the locker room because I can see as being very valuable.

Roberto is going to be getting plenty of time wether it's for better or for worse. He has his deficiencies but nobody can deny he has been clutch in many big games over the past 2 - 3 seasons. Semedo hasn't shown enough to displace him so far. He is better defensively but has had plenty of lapses in that department and is definitely poorer than Roberto on offense.

I do hope VV sorts things out with Vidal and Dembele because they clearly will be valuable to the team. Malcolm is going to be tough to fit into the team. Would like to see CDR minutes for him.

15. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    o_O this can't be true, but Rac1 is usually fairly reliable:

Rac1 is claiming that Barca has told Dembele that he can look for a new club in January.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Saw a story about that too. Things must be pretty bad behind the scenes.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Dembele will end up being a world beater. Having said that, like I said above, I think he can contribute but he must accept not being a regular starter. I'd rather him stay, unless the grand plan is to get Mbappe :ROFLMAO:

17. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Rumors about Messi pushing for Neymar back increasing.

I would like Neymar back, because the front three played some of the most beautiful soccer ever when they were together.

I also think footballing-wise, Neymar is easily the 2nd best player in the world.

I would love to have him back.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If there is one guy who can make it happen it's Messi. I am personally not for this move. Neymar has been playing the 10 role at PSG now. Would have even go back to being more of a winger ? I don't think so.

19. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Yes, but Neymar is unhappy in France. Got stuff thrown at him after the Marseille game; needed riot police.

Also, I know Neymar has a free role for Brazil — but he often starts on the left wing.

I don’t think positioning will matter too much.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There is no space for him unless Coutinho leaves anyways . After he went to PSG he started roaming more for Brazil as well .

21. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

22. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

So much nonsense in the media.. Fake media! If Neymar comes back he better make an public apology that his ego got the better of him. Say he isn't and will never reach Messi level and that he's extremely sorry to have damaged Barca by his antics, waiting for bonus, stabbing Barca in the back and then taking Barca to court for not paying his bonus! If he doest that I might allow him to come back for free. If not.. He can rot in PSG under mbappe shadow for decades to come. Disgusting SOB!

BocaFan repped this.
  23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, Barca has changed since Neymar left. What Coutinho and Dembele offer has a lot of overlap with things that Neymar brings, whereas Iniesta's qualities complemented Neymar's.

On top of that factor, Alba and Busquets seem to play better w/o Neymar.

So adding it up, that's 4 players that instantly become less effective, if not completely useless, with Neymar back in the fold.

Even if he came back for free, which is not realistic, he wouldn't really be for free.

24. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    Seems like Neymar may be facing jail time over his transfer from Santos? His move back to La Liga seems even less likely now.

25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I'm sure Real Madrid will pull some strings to get things smoothed over ... although I dread to think of Neymar joining Real especially as the rumours are growing that Jose maybe going back there ..

LiveOn repped this.