Rumor: Mission Impossible: Replacing Infinito ∞ | The 2018-19 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I am fine with Arthur. Not assuming that he will turn out great but for sure has higher potential than Thiago. Thiago will never be more than a fringe player on the Spain team. That is his peak level, which makes me question the Madrid rumors.

Jpows repped this.
  2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Watched the Ajax match last night. De Jong didn’t put a foot wrong, nor do I recall a single incomplete pass. Very quick with the ball. Looks promising. Seems very suited to Barca’s traditional style of play.

He is playing left CB though. Now that I think about it I am hoping he stays one more season at Ajax to avoid any time on the bench.

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  3. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    We don't have ANY backup for Alba or Semedo , and please don't tell me Craperto that guy is a midfielder and sucks as a defender

for a long season where we compete in so many competitions i would've loved to see at least one backup for our full backs , unfortunately we only focused to bring more midfielders regardless if we need them or not ,

reminded me of LPB back in the days where they only focused on strikers not giving a shit on the other positions

same exacty thing for Suarez , he already sucks and have been for a long time but nope , not even a backup or replacement for him , no defensive or offensive depth , just a massive amounts of midfielders who more than half of them will be forced to sit on the bench

great vision by our board , Abidal who is like a Zubi v2.0 and of course our genius Coach who almost costed us the super today with his stupid starting formation , i expect more to come ...

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Didn't we just get a RB from the World Cup ??
    Apparently Lingelet plays LB well ?!?

5. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    1 - Lenglet ( i'm going to wait for @Forzabarca to come up with a shitty nick for his useless ass ) is slow as ******** , no way in hell he can play as fullback .

2 - Moussa can't play because he isn't EU and we already have 3 ( again why the ******** did we sign him if we already have an issue with the whole EU bullshit ) , he is only 19 and doesn't have much experience and if he doesn't get any minutes i doubt he will magically play when we need him and instantly fit in with the team .

i predict more Craperto as RB and LB bullshit through this season as well , until a coach with a brain comes and throws his ass away , sigh we got rid of Shitmes and now we are stuck with this virus that tear us down whenever he plays

6. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Sky Sports are currently reporting that we ( Barca) are not ruling out a bid for for Pogba !

Bit vague for a news headline :)

8. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Arnaiz to Leganes for 5M in a 5 years contract , the only guy who have the potential to be a replacement for Suarez and they got rid of him instead of Rafinha ....

well let's hope Suarez doesn't get injured or tired now because i can't see anyone that can play in his position , and yeah bring Pogba we need more freaking midfielders lol

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    #684 TitoTata, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018

We can always use TOP quality midfielders.. we only have Coutinho and Busqs as truly world class midfielders maybe even Vidal who's unproven in our team .
    Maybe Vidal will do an Edgar Davids for us ( if anyone remembers when he joined us )

10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    "Asked about Pogba following Barca's 2-1 win against Sevilla in Sunday's Supercopa de Espana, Bartomeu said: "I won't speak of any names, we have respect for all clubs and there are 20 days left"

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    These rumors probably resurfaced because of Pogba's post match interview the other day. But I get the feeling that Mourinho would get fired before they sell Pogba.

12. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

13. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  14. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Given the news that Pogba has told Jose to speak to his manager rather than him it kinda sounds as though we must still have a chance ...

15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, looks to be a little funky situation in ManU. Tough to say what's really the deal. I don't think ManU is in a spot where they'd feel forced to accept a low offer, but who knows. I'd be surprised to see him join us this summer. I'd like him to join though.

16. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    if he does leave, wouldn't he be more likely to end up at LBP or PSG at this point?

17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Crazier things are happening at Barca ... who saw Vidal coming here and when he did ?

18. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

LPB midfield is crowded, they need an attacker. Only option is PSG who might be losing Rabiot. Barça is no option, I refuse!!

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I agree. So no de Jong if Pogba comes, I assume? Pass.

Too much money for such a big unknown. Another Ibra. Not position-wise, obviously, but in terms of trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

20. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'd assume Pogba and De Jong is not a case of "max one" (even if this summer they'd be like that). I see room for both (though again I'd be surprised to see us sign Pogba).

21. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Rabiot I hope we don't sign (although I'd agree that better relations with PSG would benefit us, and making a deal with them once could start the bridge-building a little).

22. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

23. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well I think he can help us this year, esp. if de Jong isn't coming till next year, but if he wants to leave it needs to be a sale for the price we were supposed to get from Inter, which Real Betis cannot afford

24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    plus a buy-back clause

25. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if we get 35M Euros for him I can live without a buyback clause (especially as most buyback clauses are for high prices, see our buyback option for Yerry Mina which is at 60M Euros IIRC).

To me, he looked impressive in the preseason, enough so that I think we should keep him around this season (assuming no other new signings at midfielder), as he seems useful when healthy. If, despite his nice preseason work, Valverde does not see a role for him than let's move on already. Another loan with no WRITTEN obligation to buy only saves us from paying his salary, and prevents us from having too many first teamers. Those are both useful, but far better to sell him if we don't have room for him now, as by all accounts de Jong appears likely to join next summer, and Rabiot may be available for no transfer fee next summer as well. So to me this seems like Rafinha's window to make a case to stick at Barca. But if he cannot do that now sell him, even if we can only get 20M, not 35M.