Rumor: Mission Impossible: Replacing Infinito ∞ | The 2018-19 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  2. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i don't think Dembele is going anywhere.

Bartomeu:
    "Dembele will go nowhere. He and Coutinho are a big investment for us. They are very important to our project and we expect a lot from them. Coutinho in the last four months has been very active in the team but Dembele is a very young player and talented and we expect great things. Next seasons will be different. It's not easy to play at Barca in your first year because the style of football is quite different from at other teams."

IniestaDaHomewrecka repped this.
  3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He'll be signing the contract on Monday then meet with the press so we'll likely get details then.

4. Trillz

Trillz Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna II
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hopefully this Umtiti renewal helps expedite other potential signings. Griezmann, Thiago, Eriksen, De Jong...whoever. I'd just prefer them to come sooner rather than later. And definitely before any WC performances inflate what are already sure to be massive transfer fees.

IniestaDaHomewrecka repped this.
  5. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Umtiti release clause: 500M.

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Hopefully he starts playing well again .... he did the opposite of Ya Ya who improved his game when he wanted an improved contract :)

7. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I don't know about doing the opposite of Yaya, but yeah I hope too that he plays great in the future, all the logic point that he can do it. Great move from the club to secure him.

8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I seem to recall Ya Ya being lazy and useless until his contract talks when he played like a cross between Zico and Platini :)

puyol repped this.
  9. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Boom! next up is renewing Jordi Alba's contract.

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Isn't his buyout €150m? I think that's safe. Nobody will pay that for a 29 year-old fullback.

11. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    yes but he has only two years left on his current contract and Alba's agent came out a few days ago complaining that the club had promised a new deal last year but have kept them waiting.

Alba's agent:
    "Rahul Sanllehi was still at the club when they told us not to worry, that they were going to renew his (Alba's) contract. But we're still waiting and have been for a year and a half now. I don't understand it. Maybe this is what usually happens at Barça or perhaps they aren't happy with the performances of a footballer who was included in the FIFA XI, and who has the most assists for a defender in European football. He has two years left and let's see what happens, we're relaxed"

BocaFan repped this.
  12. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    maybe this should go in the youth thread, but Alena is expected to join the first team this summer so it affects a new player on the first team next season more. (is it too early to start an 18-19 season thread?)

Alena was injured in the last game of the season and ruptured his hamstring and will need to be operated on. its a similar injury to the one Dembele suffered. Alena will now miss pre-season and probably the early stages of next season. Get Well Soon Carles!

13. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe the clause we've been reading about since January's loan was verbal. Incompetence knows no bounds!

from Sport:
    Barcelona and Inter did reach a verbal agreement which would obligate the Serie A side to buy Rafinha for €35m if they qualified for the Champions League. On the last day of the season they achieved this goal by beating Lazio. However, Inter now want to reduce the agreed asking price. They want to keep the player and Rafinha himself is happy to continue at Inter.

RAFINHA'S FATHER, MAZINHO, BELIEVES HIS SON WILL STAY AT INTER
    The player's father, Mazinho, a former international who won the World Cup with Brazil, has become involved to try and get his son to stay at Inter but for less than €35m.

The ball is in Barcelona's court and they must decide whether to enter negotiations with Inter again or look for another destination for Rafinha next season.
    ----
    In other news, we want Alba happy but there is limited risk he leaves given age and buyout, the other "next up" contract squawker is Busquets, again a vital player but one with some age and a high release clause, and already high wages which limits him being "Neymar'd" from us via release clause or bidding war.

Trillz repped this.
  14. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    :eek::rolleyes::mad::mad::mad:

[​IMG]

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So Griezmann is holding out because Atletico are offering more than Barca so he publicly plays the undecided game . And suddenly there are Salah rumors ... these people are pretty transparent.

16. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    [​IMG]

thiago for 50m+Digne. any takers?

17. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'd be inclined if Inter shelled out the 35m they (verbally) agreed for Rafinha.

18. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'd ship out 50m and Digne asap for Thiago, if it's indeed like that.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I'd take that deal. Not sure why Bayern though which makes me think its wishful thinking. They have Alaba and Bernat as left-footed LBs and Rafinha has also played in that position (albeit he's right-footed). But still... that's 2 left-footed, 25 year-old full backs that are signed to long term contracts at Bayern. What use do they have for Digne?

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Salah would be amazing ... he plays kinda how Messi USED to a few years ago ..

21. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    wow! breaking news:

edit: Robert Fernandez's contract runs out on June 30 and will not be renewed. Abidal will be presented on June 18. i'm guessing that means most of our transfer dealings this summer will have to wait until after the world cup?

22. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    i think Bernat might be leaving Bayern this summer.

i like Thiago, but i'd prefer to keep Digne unless Cucurella or Miranda are ready for first team action.

Trillz and Gilmango repped this.
  23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Speaking of Bayern, I'm surprised they aren't going after Griezmann with everything they have. I have to admit, other than not being able to live in Spain, it seems like a better fit from Griezmann's perspective.

24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    technically he'd be a great fit at bayern.
    things can change, but Uli Hoeness has claimed that Bayern would never spend €100m on one player.

Bayern president Uli Hoeness
    :
    "The market is way too hot at the moment ... I've clearly said that a €100m player is unacceptable for Bayern ... Because of our decision not to sign any very expensive players, we have been accused of taking the wrong path in the market which could lead to the downfall of the club -- but instead people should be singing our praises because we have been successful down to our own work and resources."

25. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I love Abidal but I hope this is not a work experience placement for him and that he's prepared/qualified for this...

puyol repped this.