Alert: MISL.com gone!

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by IndoorSoccerNews, Mar 21, 2014.

1. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all,

I don't know if you have noticed or not, but today if you go to www.MISL.com, it shows the USL logo and redirects to that website.

Have they thrown in the towel of getting another few teams just yet?

2. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm guessing so, since theres no reason to pull the website..

3. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think so. Remember, the USL's recent public statements indicate a desire to run a quality indoor soccer league. The USL will only expose the hypocrisy of those statements if it approves hastily thrown together franchises in order to save the 2014-15 season for the MISL.

DallasHammster repped this.
  4. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    its one thing have a team like the roar, another have 4 such teams.

5. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but haven't they done that the past few years? Most recently PA? I think the people who actually coordinated and handled the day-to-day operations of the league (Hale, Soccer Sam, etc) are now gone. The USL couldn't/wouldn't want to continue with indoor soccer. So, will Holt make another statement saying "Since we kicked the bulk of our clubs out of the MISL barely 12 hours after MO lifted their trophy, in the past five days we really tried to find quality clubs to continue the league, without success. So we have decided to discontinue operations". What does this mean for the remaining three (MKE, STL, PA)? Are they now free?

6. HBG-Heat

HBG-Heat Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Harrisburg Area
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes I would think the Wave and ambush are free to join the PASL. The roar are done.

8. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    But the news link doesn't work and they removed MISL from the list of leagues at the top of the USL site.

Makes you wonder why they did that video and invited more scrutiny on the situation.

9. Matt Sauri

Matt Sauri New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The remaining teams (PENN, STL and MKE) were all sent written notice early this week allowing them out of their MISL operating agreement. STL will play where it makes sense, and right now that's the PASL. PENN has got to drop out, and Sue Black is too stupid to know what she is doing next.

10. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Milwaukees going to the pasl, its the only place left to play. look for the wave to join the other former misl teams in the pasl.

11. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their is a chance a new league will be started .

12. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
  13. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    so that means that the 6 misl teams - i'm excluding the roar for obvious reasons- will be announced as joining the pasl at that meeting, or in the very near future.

14. Brad Beach

Brad Beach New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Club:
    Doncaster Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I REALLY hope so. This is looking good so far.

15. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    indeed, brad. are you a long time Wave fan? i expect the wave to be around next year, whether its in the pasl, or some unnamed 'merger league'.

16. EdD.

EdD. Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? Just so the travel costs of any current PASL teams would skyrocket? If you think San Diego and Dallas are suddenly going to start flying to the east coast for all of their away games then you might need to crack open a window and let some fresh air in the room.

17. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see two leagues next season--the PASL and a new league consisting of the MISL clubs (minus PA and probably MKE) and one/two PASL clubs. Hale and Soccer Sam will be at the helm of the new league.

We are big Wave fans and attend many of their matches when we can. However, they maybe in a tough spot right now. Assuming that Sue Black needs an investor, or needs to sell the club outright, then the Wave are really waiting on an announcement from the other former MISL clubs on where they will go. An outright move to the PASL might be seen as a move down for the club; a merger into the PASL with the other MISL clubs would be better, but would it create the same investment income needed to payoff current debt and future needs? A new league maybe better if it includes stronger clubs with aggressive owners, but it cannot include some of the minnows currently in the PASL. Unfortunately, I think the clock is ticking for the Wave and if they don't have a league resolution soon, then the Wave will either fold or go to the dreaded "hiatus" for 2014-15.

18. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A new league because it would save a lot of time and issues , Ed Hale clearly stated today several times about a brand new league , and we will have a Division 1 and Division 2 teams and have a 20-26 team league , He also stated that last night a email something was struck and lawyers are now looking in to it . we should hear more in 2 weeks . maybe the pasl will run things who knows .

19. kfb5926

kfb5926 Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Prairie Village, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two divisions sounds like a great opportunity to experiment with promotion and relegation.

cardshopmd repped this.
  20. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    If you want to start off by putting the best drawing team in indoor soccer (Rochester) in PASL2. That wouldn't make much sense.

21. DallasHammster

Jun 18, 2007
    DALLAS!!!
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

MLSinCleveland, KidFlash, EdD. and 3 others repped this.
  22. kfb5926

kfb5926 Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Prairie Village, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd probably start with all the former MISL teams in the upper division. But it may not make sense when travel costs are so critical and profit margins so tight.

23. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    What you are seeing is people that have been bashing the PASL for years and trying to prop up the MISL as the best thing out there are getting nervous and not wanting to have to "eat crow".

I was skeptical myself and had concerns about teams that played in small venues etc but in the end it did not turn out to be as bad as I had thought, or others were saying.

And now by saying that 4 or 5 MISL teams are going to come in and totally change the face of what the PASL already has in existence is just their way of holding onto their idea that the MISL is the one with all the power in this.

So lets skip steps 2, 3 and 4 of the Kübler-Ross model and move on as quick as possible to step 5.

DallasHammster and GoStorm repped this.
  24. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    watermarked-Antique-Blue-QA2-809-A_large.jpg

25. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except this version of the MISL was not born in 1978. The original MISL died in July 1992. A new league with the MISL name was created in 2001 by former NPSL teams (who were later joined by some WISL teams). That league disbanded in 2008. One of its successor league (the NISL) later changed its name to the MISL.

kenntomasch repped this.