Minnesota

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by Dr. Dogfish, Feb 22, 2017.

1. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Adi's goals at the end were two daggers.

2. Dr. Dogfish

Dr. Dogfish Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Heart of Darkness
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They got spanked, no two ways around it. I don't think NYRB will have the same relentless attack, and I dont think we're as paper thin as Minnysoda. Still . . . welcome to the Bigs

3. David Nott

David Nott New Member

Mar 4, 2017
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Hi all! How do you post a new topic on this board?

Anyway, I've just moved to ATL after living in Bermuda for 7 years. Originally from the U.K, and a Cardiff city season ticket holder since age 6 (must have been a naughty child and it used as some form of punishment).

I'm a HUGE soccer fan, and will be getting season tickets for the UTD next week.

Thought I'd come on here as I'm looking for a few new "football friends"! The city is pretty new to me, and my wife isn't much of a soccer fan so rather than go by myself, thought I'd reach out to my fellow fans in search of some of that famous southern hospitality!

Anyone going to the game, going for a drink before hand etc etc? I'll be coming in from Fayetteville.

After that awwwwwwful video on twitter I'm sure I could help come up with a few better songs haha!

Thanks for reading,
    Dave!

4. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Welcome aboard, Dave. We hope our fair metropolitan area treats you well. Not exactly the vacation destination as Bermuda but we have our charms. As for your Cardiff affinity I'm afraid we can't help with that. I suggest taking two shots of fine liquor each night until the pain subsides. At least they've gone back to the blue, though!

To post a new thread go to any board page (ie: Not an individual thread) and you should see near the upper right of your screen a "Post New Thread" tab. Press that and off you go. If you need more help you should probably drink less, but I suppose you could just shoot me a private message requesting help instead!

Cheers!

Donny repped this.
  5. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Good luck today, Atlanta! Hope you have a great home opener. Cheers!

6. Dr. Dogfish

Dr. Dogfish Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Heart of Darkness
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic! Bermuda and Atlanta have so much in common! Both are subtropical Islands, sitting in the Gulfstream. You should have no problem adjusting.
    Fantastic! Cardiff City and Atlanta have so much in common, in that they both kick a similar ball.

If you're HUGE, please don't sit in front of me.

You might want to enjoy the American tradition of "tailgaiting" - which involves hanging in wandering in a parking lot with, going from grill to beer keg to cooler, eating grilled food and drinking beer in the sun. Then we'll all stagger on in a parade to the game.
    Fayetteville?

We have no tradition of songs, etc. Any help is highly appreciated.

7. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thank you, sir. And I wish you equally well in your, um, second home game!

8. Dr. Dogfish

Dr. Dogfish Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Heart of Darkness
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, loon! Class of 17 solidarity!

GunnerJacket repped this.
  9. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So, this means we hate on LAFC, now?

10. Dr. Dogfish

Dr. Dogfish Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Heart of Darkness
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After last night we hate New Jersey

11. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My father's from there and I still have family there. Always enjoy visiting Flemington. Is it okay if I simply hate Red Bull the company?

Tactical Hipster repped this.
  12. Dr. Dogfish

Dr. Dogfish Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Heart of Darkness
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is no time to be divisive. This is the time to make snap decisions, sweeping generalities and exert all our bigotry in a concerted effort to wipe out last night's loss.

Are you going soft on us, son?

Donny and Tactical Hipster repped this.
  13. Donny

Donny Member

Jul 22, 2001
    Marietta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what she said.

So proud of the good-natured, smart-aleck nature of your posts. Fun to read! Truly a credit to Dogfish everywhere. :)

Oh and United 6-1 loons. Talk about a good, if snowy, day. Bring on Chicago.

14. Dr. Dogfish

Dr. Dogfish Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Heart of Darkness
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My damn broadcast didn't record until after our first three goals were scored - I'm going to go ahead and follow the greater trend from our national leaders and assume it's because the Obama WH tapped my cable.

Then I got to watch us scramble around and around in the snow for that last fifteen minutes where Minnesota stopped pretending to be hapless, and actually pressed us.

But damn my eyes, that Martinez boy looked the real deal, didn't he?