Minnesota vs Carolina

Discussion in 'Minnesota United FC' started by Prosoccercdn, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Watched this game hoping that Minny would win and make the playoffs instead of Montreal, a bit of a nailbiter but a good game and props to the Stars for making the playoffs, they need it more than the Impact.

2. megade3

megade3 New Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Reality is that Traffic Sports needs it more.....

3. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was very happy to see the Stars win. I predicted they would make the playoffs but only because the Impact lost. I was way off on my prediction.

I was a bit suprised at how the Railhawks finished out the season - they need to pick it up if they're going to even make the finals.

In the end, I love the fact that an expansion team (FC Edmonton) made the playoffs and the Impact did not!

4. jamonty

jamonty Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Back in the 90's, an Edmonton rock radio station called The Bear had a sports guy called Cub Carson. He was notorious for flying through the previous night's NHL results at hurricane speeds, and whenever it came to the Minnesota Wild, it either be "Minny... Winny!" or "Minny... NO Winny!"
    After the NSC result against Carolina (and the subsequent elimination of Montreal from the playoffs)... I revived the memory of Cub and let out a big, ferocious "Minny, Winny"!
    Try it Stars fans... It feels good!

5. jamonty

jamonty Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Just for the sake of accuracy, Cub Carson also said Minny Winny for Vikings and Twins too. I therefore think it is in full right, to say so for the NSC Stars...

Hope after Saturday, it'll also be Minny Winny vs. TBay.