mind numbing masses

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by olckicker, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So the purpose of the US Department of Education is what, then?

2. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Your attempts to put all people who support vouchers into two groups (the rich and mind-numbed zealots) short-circuits your argument.

How's all that government financial aid that goes to kid's going to private universities working out?

3. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Straight from their web site:

"Supplement and complement the efforts of states, the local school systems and other instrumentalities of the states, the private sector, public and private nonprofit educational research institutions, community-based organizations, parents, and students to improve the quality of education."

The Dep of Ed plays a small roll in the overall operations of any given school district.

Conservatives often mischaracterize public schools. They like to speak about the horrors of "public education" as if its a single entity. The majority of school districts are independently operated from their own tax base, whereas local private citizens serve on a board that runs the instittution. Some communities do a good job of running their schools and some communities do a lousy job of running their schools.

This is why all states have formed a department of education: to establish standards and assist the schools to meet those standards. The US Dep of Ed does this on a national level.

4. TheWakeUpBomb

TheWakeUpBomb Member

Mar 2, 2000
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Right. So it isn't as cut and dry as "A locally elected board of private sector citizens runs my school district".

5. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    Which one? Behemoth or Leviathan

Behemoth

The crocodile is chief of the ways of GOD?

The crocodile eateth grass as an ox?

Strength in his loins?

Trusteth he can drink up a river?

Leviathan

Never seen a crocodile that can breath fire.

JOB 41:25 When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.

Never seen a croc on it's hind legs and I've never tried but I'm pretty sure you could stick a spear through a croc.

6. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Apparently you didn't get any reading comprehension skills taught to you in your home schooling...

I'm sorry, but you live in the fantasy land of right-wing talk radio which is as far from the "land of facts" as one can get.

Last I looked, Clinton, as scuzzy as he was, still finished his term of office.

Oh, and your boy Dumbya has been busted for drunk driving and is a proven liar about his service record and his drunk driving arrest. Nice "hero" there, Spazz.

I've fixed your post and I'll keep doing it until it gets old which should be around the same time as the sun goes supernova.

I'm a concrete embankment. You're Princess Diana. Sucks to be you.

7. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Again, Saul was taking poetically as he did on several occasions. Only you and other fundies take everything literally. Once you learn to think like the ancients and therefore read and understand the Bible the way they wrote it, the problem goes away of its own accord. Then you can concentrate on what Saul is actually saying and decide if you buy it or not.

I thought the wages of sin were a nasty reputation and too many friends...

[segroves]
    A Christian can believe everything was created without resorting to ridiculous fundie tales of a 10,000 year old universe with no evolution. [/segroves]

8. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    Never seen a hippo that moved his tail like a cedar.

Joe, I wasn't speaking to you. I was speaking to the "Christians" on this board.

9. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    I think that was a prophecy of the coming of Chris Farley...

Say, when a friend of your throws a party and you ask him about it afterwards and he says "Yeah it was great. There were a million people there." do you take him literally and ask him how the hell he fit a million people inside his house and concoct whacked-out theories about how this could be possible?

10. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A cedar doesn't move.

[nerd]Unless you count Ents.[/nerd]

(I do have that right, don't I? I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy 25 years ago.)

11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, Clinton was impeached.

Impeach=indict.

He just wasn't convicted.

12. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    I know that. My point was exactly that for all the impeachment hoopla nothing happened. He wasn't removed from office nor did he resign before he could be removed ala Nixon.

Of course, the President who SHOULD have been impeached and removed from office for treason was Ronald Reagan. Too bad the Dems were such wusses because they could have nailed his ass to the wall, the document shredding and other obstructions of justice notwithstanding.

13. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    The Dems are wusses statement was pretty right on. The rest of your post is crap.

14. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Yes, you have it right.

Nerd :D

15. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    I'm sorry you're either too young to remember or you slept through Iran-Contra. Or maybe you're just emulating Ronald "I Don't Remember" Reagan whom Clinton apparently modelled his response to Monicagate around. Either way your grasp on politics is obviously just as poor as your grasp on Biblical interpretation and exegesis.

16. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    One more thing you know very little, if anything, about.

17. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    This coming from a man that lists the Fusion as his favorite team. I bet your favorite American football team is the LA Rams. You a Brooklyn Dodgers fan, too?

18. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    So, which league does "In" play in?

19. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    There's plenty of evidence than man lived alongside dinosaurs.

But "chief in the ways of God"? You ever try to housebreak one?

Sincerely,
    F. Flintstone
    Bedrock

PS, Raquel Welch may be hot, but you should see the cans on the chick next door. Covet thy neighbor's wife? Oh, HELL yeah!

20. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    Inter, which is as it is listed in my profile, plays in Serie A. I'd thought you might know that.

21. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eyes left, hot stuff.

22. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    What are you talking about?

23. joseph pakovits

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    It says "In" in this thread. You may want to fix that. And what kind of fan of Brasil spells it with a "z"? You should be ashamed.

24. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, look at the left side of your screen, and read your own profile.

Sheesh.

[edit - I see you've fixed it. Good job.]

25. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    It's an ironic homage, numbnuts.

Those other teams, by the way, are still in existence, just in different places. You might want to try using something parallel when trying to draw a parallel.