Milwaukee/Kansas City playoff thread

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by mjames1229, Apr 20, 2019.

1. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a s**t show this was.

What is a foul/penalty in February should be a foul/penalty in April.

I don't care if its the NBA, NHL or the podunk MASL... I assure you that this game wouldn't have gotten so out of hand if it were some random Saturday afternoon in February. This "started" with a "physical" game Thursday in Independence, so the whistles and cards should have come much more quickly today.

The MASL should be embarrassed to embrace this "tough playoff" nonsense. Tim Tyma was a hack player and is a hack official. Rich Grady is better than this.

Don't get me wrong, yellow and red cards started flying, but only when the score was already out of hand. Tighter officiating should have started with the opening whistle... Including what should have been a penalty on Veiga for kicking Grant after Grant performed an NFL tackle on Veiga early in the 3rd quarter.

Of course, this is on the players, too. The Comets had two red cards and plenty of game-out-of-hand-frustration moments, but the Wave was guilty, too. Off the ball fouls, embellishing contact like a sniper got 'em, and whining to the refs on every single touch. If they'd just straighten up and play ball, it would have been a much more enjoyable game.

The league (IMO) goes overboard in marketing as a family sport, then they condone this garbage. I hope the kids that are marketed towards don't take away that this is good.

Joey Tee repped this.
  2. Inddor Fan

Inddor Fan Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Can you post the link to this game and the Blast game?

3. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Inddor Fan

Inddor Fan Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks for the links.
    Watched them both.
    What is wrong with KC? They seem like such a good team, but always revert back to the horribly bad physical play when they cant keep up. That dude clearly kicked the Wave player in the face/shoulder after the play, and was right to be ejected.
    I wasn't mad at the refs after the game. I didnt see much that they got wrong.

Blast game was well played. Utica is a good team and deserved the win.
    Never saw the supposed penalty, so couldn't tell if that should have been a factor in the outcome.