Milan - 2017/2018 Matchday Thread

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Calcio Pauly, Aug 20, 2017.

1. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I had my younger sons bday but would have had a problem if I didn't have the game in the background due to my invitees being from where I come from.

To be perfectly honest. What is aggravating is that he clearly doesn't have the "palle" to risk an aggressive lineup or substitution. Even when his job is on the line.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  2. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I heard Ventura is available and he's great at using youth and aggressive lineups.

Insigne4BalonD'or and phat repped this.
  3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    who's he going to put on to be a difference maker though? calhanoglu has been a bust so far. he was the only real option off the bench for a creative spark right? that's part of the problem. outside of suso, we don't have anyone who can change the game... and he went off hurt. i was thinking about it at half time, and i got wild thinking maybe we could move montolivo up higher to get him in more dangerous spots to try to create something. montolivo was the best idea i could come up with. that's saying something.

4. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    we should try it more. Montolivo when playing closer to the net is a good thing and he usually thrives. he's a solid trequartista tbh

5. Cyclops1776

Cyclops1776 Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    When ppl talk about Monto I can't determine if they are being serious or sarcastic.

6. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Montolivo gets flack he doesn't deserve. I don't know why people are always criticizing him

7. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I'm with you, and I tell people all the time. He's the GD heir to Pirlo! Show a little respect!

Rossonero23 and Midfield General repped this.
  8. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    meh he got labeled as the next Pirlo after Italy won the world cup because during that time he was with the u21 team. Cigarini also received that label. I'm trying to remember a few others.

9. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    He had that's one good assist to Balotelli. Y'know, in the only highlight you ever see of Montolivo.

10. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It convinced @totti fan that he was world class, or maybe it was his hair?

11. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    that was a dirty pass in a Euro Semi Final against ze Germans. best Azzurri highlight in the past 10 years tbh

12. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Yeah, I've seen it.

13. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    is there a better Azzurri highlight in the past 10 years you think?

14. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I'd have to defer to your expertise on that one.

Rosay repped this.
  15. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Roger that. there isn't

16. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    calhanoglu makes me miss honda!
    seriously, our number 10's recently are all shit.

17. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    0-0 at half. we've had a few good chances and should have at least 1 goal to show for it. silva's getting beat up, but he needs to stay focused. burdisso finally got his yellow toward the end of the half so maybe silva will be able to get by him in the second.

i don't think i've ever realized how ugly belotti is. he looks like a villain in a b-grade superhero movie.

Rosay repped this.
  18. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    0-0 full time.

19. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    1-0 milan at half against benevento. it was a disappointing first half. we've looked sloppy and really haven't shown any sense of urgency. our goal was scrappy. we've been the better team so it's a deserved lead, but we haven't created many good chances.

i don't understand playing a 3 man back line against a team like this. you they are going to sit back and try to keep us out. you don't need 3 cbs sitting back. i also don't know why we're only playing with 1 striker. i'd like to see a partner with kalanic and someone playing underneath the two strikers in the middle.

20. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #170 Calcio Pauly, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Bring in Cutrone. Agreed, 3 man defense is over kill. Kalinic restores the lead.

Edit:
    Suso tries to dribble out of our end and gives it away, Donnarumma bails him out.
    Kessie is constantly having to go wide because Suso is playing too deep.

Biglia in for Montolibero. Seriously why was Monto sitting in front of the D so much?
    Gattuso is being far too conservative here.

Edit 2:

Romagnoli 2nd yellow, and red. Slide tackle and looks like he completely missed his opponent who jumped over him.

Gattuso instructs the team to move into a 4-4-1

21. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Milan making history again. 1st point for Benevento in Serie A.

Gattuso far too conservative when we weren't down a man. That's ok against the Napoli's and Juve's of the league, but against the Benevento's, Fiorentina's, etc, gotta be more progressive.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  22. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    that result is all on the coach. there's no need to start 5 defenders. there's no need to sub on 3 more. ugh. gattuso out. lol. maybe that's an overreaction. but still, how many points do we need to make sure we don't go down? this is beyond frustrating.

23. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Incredible

24. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    what a shit show. lol

their goalie scores!! aahahaha

25. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    lulz. Sooooo about this Elliot loan that we need to qualify for the cl to pay back...