Mikkel Diskerud can choose US or Norway NT [R] includes NT results

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by USvsIRELAND, Mar 29, 2008.

1. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wealthy family =/= wealthy kids.

That's a fairly odd assumption, that Mix can just sit on his ass because his family will put him on allowance as an adult.

2. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, no one is blaming MLS for anything. Everyone held up their end of the deal. But now you have muckraking bullshit like this from all mlsponsored corners of the web.

And no, I don't think NYC asked for a no trade clause. I think they agreed to it as part of an at the time seemingly great deal to bring in an exciting young usmnt mid without using a DP slot.

He signed to play at NYC. He isn't obligated to take a haircut and phallic symbol in the rectum to prove his desire.

The whole thing is buyers remorse after Kreis wrecked the initial roster. So the team says, you can play 6 months earlier if you eat a million bucks owed to you and let us choose where you spend the next 2 years? Hell nah. I'm riding it out, taking my check and going to find my own team.

Everyone did what was obviously going to happen based on simple reasoning once we reached the impasse where he wasn't going to play at NYC.

Eta:
    IMG_1415.JPG

TheHoustonHoyaFan and chad repped this.
  3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I've NEVER met a kid of wealthy parents who wasn't bailed out at some point by them. And hard.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  4. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTF do you know about what players want to do?

I mean, you assert this kind of shit nonstop. So clearly you have some sweet tasty insight. Share. Your front-running player eating garbage is tired, bruh.

5. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, well, then it is settled.

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Jazzy Altidore and maroonlaw repped this.
  6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    You must have confused me with someone else. I've never been in the camp of those who push the idea that "suffering makes the best players."

This case is different though. It's full Generation E stuff.

7. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I know who you are. You're a weird vicariously living junkie who eats our players the moment they become less than ideal life-vessels for you.

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Don't cry, calm down. Find your happy place.

TOAzer repped this.
  9. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I thought, bb.

10. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    I blame Michael Bradley!!! I'm not sure what for, but he's definitely to blame in this situation, whatever it is.

11. miklagard

miklagard Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    Ok. I will take one question before I go to the gym

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  12. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one should ever leave money on the table if they have the choice. Also, if you have the choice, what is wrong with wanting to work and live in NYC?

It didn't work out for NYCFC and Mix. No one has to be the bad guy.

13. GoingGoaling

GoingGoaling Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Atlanta
    Where are you going to play next??

14. miklagard

miklagard Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    Nothing wrong with wanting to work and live in NYC, and have a desire to be a part of building a real football club there (here).

15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best of luck finding a new club soon. You should take it up with Twellman if anything.

BTW the Bay Area is nice too. Just saying!

Midas Mulligan repped this.
  16. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What ever happened to your cat?

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    That's going to be hard with 2 clubs already on the market, though.

18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    What's up with the Taco Bell thing? that has me bugged. It's not like it's poquito mas or some expensive Amermex fast food!

19. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
  20. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leg day, or chest?

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Dude, even though because the guy posts here, I'm sure he would appreciate honesty. We can't all be sycophants.

It's dumb trying to stay in the Big Apple when they already have a settled market. There are plenty of places where he could play, and that'd be good for him and the league.

Otherwise it's money for nothing. That's not good.

deuteronomy and naopon repped this.
  22. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    It has peanuts and caramel.

superdave repped this.
  23. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, I appreciate trolling for trolling'a sake. But sometimes, you lead me to believe you want to be forced into a room with nothing but your own posts and a whole bait of hemlock.

This statement is absolute nonsense. It's quite literally the most nonsensical, counter-common sense bs I've ever seen in this forum.

And truly, with nothing but the respect due you, you should really not try so hard to hate.

I want you to know we all love you. And you have a shit load of soccer knowledge. You really should be a star poster here. Just turn the cynicism and intentional, contrived criticism for being a critic's sake down to 5 instead of 11.

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    If he follows you and waits until some NYC club shows interest, he's going to throw his career away. It's not like the guy is 21. And I think he could help us (NT), if he played enough.

Even saying he must stay in the city is silly, courting a team when they know you have discarded all other options limits your negotiating power.

Also, some of you have such hatred for the league, you're ready to blame it for everything. There should be a name for that, something like "MLS Derangement Syndrome."

In no other country their locals hate their own league so much.

25. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Look, this is business. But also there is life. I've made sacrifices for each in spite of the other. We all love football. We all love soccer, we're here. Mix will find a home and a club. Just grab a slice and calm down for a New York minute.

comoesa and Midas Mulligan repped this.