Mike Jarosi - Why so anti Crew?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Robbiegoal, Dec 23, 2014.

1. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With bigger clubs that can certainly be the percepton and perhaps reality. That is why I referenced the Presidents Cup. Bigger clubs should be able to produce high quality 2nd and even 3rd teams and the same basic resources should be available to all levels. Again it's about doing homework and finding the right fit. I just hate when one group bad mouths big clubs or successful clubs or vice versa. They all have strengths & weaknesses. Every player/family can find the best fit for them. For me that is different for each one of my kids.

2. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That has been my experience so if it's considered bad mouthing, so be it.

I continually hear about having coaches that were promised at tryouts not be the coach when fall rolls around, promises of winter training with higher teams that never happen and other stuff designed to entice kids to stay on a lower team when there are better opportunities elsewhere.

Finding the right fit is difficult when 99% of the parents don't have the experience with the game to make an informed decision. Usually they go with the name on the shirt and buy what they are selling.

3. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By no means was I suggesting you were bad mouthing. I fully understand and respect your perspective and have witnessed similar sitations on mutliple occasions. We are on the same page in general.

Frankly it has taken me a couple of kids and several years of experiences to fully understand the landscape in youth soccer. When my oldest was young I was almost anti-club soccer and did the coaching myself. But for their development, me not being their coach is best - plus the time they now spend working on their game is far to much for me while holding down my job that pays the bills.

Newbies to the club soccer world have little to go by than what friends or acquaintneces share with them. So yes finding the right fit can be very hard. Hard to figure out when reading a website or attending tryouts. But for the vast majority the B (or C) team might just be the right place, it's just as parents we have hopes that our child is unequivocally the best player on the best team - the distinction only held by arguably 1-2 players per team.

Sometime I wish Columbus was more like Raleigh NC area where there is essentially only one club (CASL) that controls pretty much the entire club soccer environemnt in the area. They have multiple teams and only one elite team in each age group the rest fall in line I believe by geography more than anything else.

4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a drawback to that--if you kid is good but doesn't "fit" for whatever reason (which can include politics and coaches' kids) there's no other place to go. Plus a little competition is good. Darwin thought well of it.

DiegoGambeta repped this.
  5. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well well well how timely is this considering discussion above....

http://www.thecrew.com/news/2015/01...s-eagles-ohio-premier-sc-forming-new-youth-de

This is a fantastic idea from the 3 clubs that get it when it comes to player development. All three have been making great strides in changing the way which youngsters are introduced and taught the game of soccer. Now it appears they are creating their own controlled environment in which to further implement those philosophies.

Gone will be - who has the most wins or scored the most goals. Gone should be the screaming (non-soccer educated) parents - Yelling "Kick it Hard" or "Clear it" - no more punt and run. No more chomping on the refs ear for a call made in game involving 8 year olds. The focus can now be on instilling confidence & creativity on the ball and incorporating the skills/technique being developed in the practice environment into the game environment.

Very good stuff! It will be fun to watch the results in 5-7 years for the kids lucky enough to start in this environment!

Robbo Crewfan repped this.
  6. NUFC Fan

NUFC Fan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    His twitter game isn't strong today. You guys are making him look like Jarosi.

Stupid argument.

7. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think his twitter got hacked.... or he's drunk/high.....

Attached Files:

NewEnglandClamChowder and Kyle Crew repped this.
  8. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like that Jarosi better.

CrewV Man repped this.
  9. Kayak

Kayak Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Columbus
    Someone probably beat the shit out of him and this is the result of traumatic brain damage.

10. NewEnglandClamChowder

Jul 28, 2012
    The Eyetalian Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    There's more! Including anti-semitism!

[​IMG]

11. Robbo Crewfan

Robbo Crewfan Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jan 21, 2007
    C-busite in Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Eeek, that was nothing -- I'm going more for hacked or psychiatric break:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>...pentagon, scramble the fighters over Kansas...protect one asset, perportedly a Jew with a butt-chin and no face, a/ka/ THE G-bomb...</p>&mdash; Jarosi Sports Law (@JarosiSportsLaw) <a href="
    563547229315551234 is not a valid tweet id
    ">February 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there any way to find out all the players he reps? I know he reps Busch. But two references to Andy G. now as well.

Attached Files:

13. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sorry if the guy has gone crazy but I am laughing my @SS off with these tweets. IF it is a hack, well done.

14. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you. I want to respond with my praises, but don't want to alert anyone.

15. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's a hack.
    And I hope whoever is hacking him is ready to get sued.

16. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At first I thought it was a random hacker. But today's tweets indicate it is someone who follows soccer and certainly the Crew. $hit is funny. If it is really Jarosi (even if he is on drugs) I take back every negative thing I said about him and now proclaim he is one funny a$$ dude.

17. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if we'll ever really know..... al the references to "The Magyer" and "deeeeeep blooooooo" are pretty lost on me.

18. Toddrick33

Toddrick33 New Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Kinda looks like he was right, eh? I don't think any Crew fan deserves to be treated this way. Maybe an apology is in order?

hangthadj repped this.
  19. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Necropost for Halloween?
    New member just to post here?
    Mike Jarosi is todrick33

20. Toddrick33

Toddrick33 New Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    LOL I joined in 2014 to get some fans out to New England for the playoff game, didn't quite work out. It's this thread that kept me away from Big Soccer. I wasn't feeling "polishing the turd" either, but this is no way to treat another human being, and it turns out he was absolutely correct. Check me out on Twitter. I assure you I'm a real person. #SunshineBrigade #SaveTheCrew

21. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Todd is good dude. I'll vouch that he is a real person.

I can't speak for Jarosi, I don't know the dude. There are many of us here who have been skeptical of Precourt from the beginning, with different ways of expressing it than Jarosi.

I'm not sure anyone owes Jarosi an apology, per se. I'm not looking for an apology from MR Pod when they went into hysterics about my "Precourt's Black Out Of Crew History Continues - Goodbye Yellow Jerseys" thread. I just know I was right in my skepticism. Now I just want everyone to take down Precourt. If Jarosi is still down with that, well, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

eboe and CrewV Man repped this.
  22. YeahMorgan

YeahMorgan Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

eboe repped this.