Mike Jarosi - Why so anti Crew?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Robbiegoal, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Robbiegoal

Robbiegoal Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know the story behind Mike Jarosi and his relationship with Crew SC? Many of his tweets and blog posts are anti Crew to the point that there HAS to be some bad blood there. I know he is an MLS player agent so I can see where there might be an issue or two. However to the extent he goes it is as if Precourt himself took a dump in this guys morning cereal. Just curious if anyone knew anything. A link to his latest blog most is below.

http://shortcorners.wordpress.com/2...ktail-consult-will-the-crew-stay-in-columbus/

2. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    That's...weird.

3. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because he's a douche.

4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #5 Bill Archer, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    I hold you personally responsible for the three minutes of my life I threw away reading that ignorant, fact-free, sophomoric drivel.

Oooh, oooh, look at me, I went to law school, I'm real smart and know all about MLS because - well, I'm a lawyer and I'm real smart and I don't need any actual facts or real information.

What a putz. He should stick to chasing ambulances; the complexities of MLS are beyond the abilities of his pea brain.

He's the kind of lawyer who loves using "Esq" whenever referring to himself or another lawyer. Very impressive. What an asshole.

And wowie zowie - he predicted that one possible solution to the Chivas proble might be MLS buying Vergara out, thus proving what a far sighted visionary he is. Well, him and pretty much everybody else.

So now he's turning his "cocktail consultation" skills on the Crew, claiming that Garber will be sitting down with Anthony Precourt soon and - well, we're not sure wha exactly but something really serious about shaping up or shutting down.

Pure fantasy. Making it up out of thin air. Ridiculous.

I propose that hereafter on these boards "Jarosi" shall be considered a synonym for "shit"

Excuse me while I go take a Jarosi.

5. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    It took you 3 minutes to read that?

BG13 repped this.
  6. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude is a Columbus native & lives in German Village. Played soccer at Virginia winning National Title. I read his previous piece on Crew. Not knowing he was from our fair city I passed it off as small market hater. But after reading his bio and latest piece, there is clearly some undercurrent to his motives for posting such crap. A quick guess... perhgaps he was Horton's agent and felt his client was mistreated. Or maybe he has tried to represent other potential homegrowns only to get pushed aside directly or indirecly by Crew. Or maybe he was a personal friend of Bliss. Clearly there is something personal fuleing his factless attacks on Crewville & Precourt.

7. naas

naas Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Centerville/Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My 1st instincts when I read the blog was this guy is a douche from Toronto. Then I found a fairly recent blog on Toronto. He brings up all the players Toronto recently, DeFoe, Bradley, etc., including a lawyer from Columbus so I think this guy works or used to work for Toronto.

8. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    lol... this guy.

lol.jpg

9. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Minnman and Bill Archer repped this.
  10. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    The Jarosi soccer tournament - named for the lawyer's dad who died a few months after being struck by lightning during the State Cup (with the-then teenage lawyer not too far away, if I recall correctly) - is a pretty big tournament in central Ohio which has been around for nearly 30 years. I think a lot of people in central Ohio grew up playing in that tournament - now called the Jarosi/Willis Memorial Cup - and have fond memories of it.

Maybe we can use the full name to be synonymous for "shit." You have to take a Mike Jarosi.

11. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jarosi, Jarosi, vaffanculo?

12. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. DhamphirLoki

DhamphirLoki Member

Nov 4, 2008
    IIRC, he is Jon Busch's agent.

14. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Count me as one who was VERY worried about the Crew's future in Columbus when we were bought by Precourt (or any owner who isn't local).

However, since then, I've been reassured somewhat, and AP has done virtually everything right. Attendance is up. Rebrand. Team looking up. Improvements at the stadium and at Obetz. Those aren't the things an owner does who is planning to move the team. Though a stadium sponsor sure would be nice.

The guy is an asshat with an axe to grind.

15. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
  16. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some reason when I click the link it only loads about 2/3 and stops and I can't actually see anything - it's just blank.

What is it? I just googled the guy's name with Columbus Crew and it was the 5th hit or so.

Is it this guy's proposed Crew vision he submitted and had rejected or something?

17. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    Is this readable? It's a screen grab from my phone so I don't know if the resolution is high enough

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419395639.839615.jpg

CybrSlydr repped this.
  18. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry from laughing.

That IS terrible!

19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And we were giving 3G ggrief over PowerPoint!

cam5fc and CybrSlydr repped this.
  20. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a big, stinky piece of Jarosi right there.

21. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He isn't a stupid guy. But somewhere along the way he developed some hatred for the Crew and he just takes every opportunity available to absolutely rip into them. Really not sure why.

22. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    For a lawyer he's a terrible writer, and from what I read (too much), he never actually says anything substantive. I think this is what Ryan would have been like if he'd continued with law school. At least he doesn't have issues with heterographs.

Timon19 and Flyer Fan repped this.
  23. TZPrince

TZPrince Member

Oct 13, 2009
    He says his vision is a downtown stadium which gives quite a few people here a raging hard on...now if he only added more vegan/gluten free options as well as a better mustard, he will be come the peoples champion I suppose.

KCbus and Placid Casual repped this.
  24. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    You forgot craft beer.

djtrinidad, naas, Flyer Fan and 2 others repped this.