MiddleSeason: The Freddy Adu Thread

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dark knight, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    If anyone can think of a better thread title - feel free to nominate.

Will he stay in Greece? What's next for Fredua?

2. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First page!!!

Oh and I hope he stays at Aris but I really want him to get a preseason this year so, I'm hoping he gets on a team soon.

3. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiAepHz_Lis"]YouTube- Freddy Adu Highlight Video - Aris Thessaloniki 2010[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3WkYZEu9Vw"]YouTube- Freddy Adu ||2010|| *Skills & Goals*[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjuYLZc7ALY"]YouTube- Freddy Adu - ARIS - paok 3-2[/ame]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anywhere he will get time and have a coach willing to get his ass in gear. I'm tired of Americans being billed as unfulfilled potential.

5. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Nick is EJ to Aris a done deal?

6. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    It is for all the newspapers and radios. We just have to wait the official announcement from Aris and how many years he ll stay. Rumours say 2.

7. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Maybe a question for another thread? Who was hyped up more by his agents, Freddy or Vincenzo Bernardo? I know Freddy has the skill

8. banbaseball

banbaseball Member

Oct 10, 2000
    East of the Bay
    And here we go...

9. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Would be great for him to stay at Aris because Cuper started to get him playing well. He and EJ would be growing together and have each other support. Will see what happens for him and if he does not stay he gets to a team like many said gives him plenty of playing time.

10. Susaeta

Susaeta BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have heard a rumor Adu is being dumped by Benfica and sold to Aris at a loss. I have not kept up with the Adu threads here. Has anyone reported something along those lines?

11. rebroc7

rebroc7 New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    he is on an 18month loan with Aris so he will be with them for at least the upcoming year

12. Susaeta

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. The (very third hand) rumor I have heard says Aris is saying they want his rights, do not want his salary, and want an ownership incentive to develop him. Basically they want a short sale on Adu, a player in whom Benfica is no longer interested. I was simply curious if anything to that effect had been reported somewhere else.

I will use Google. Thanks.

13. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stop teasing us man!!! That would be the best news for Adu's career ever.:D Is this third hand source your 3rd cousin/local drunk at the pub?

14. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    At this story you write, change Adu and Benfica and put EJ and Fulham. ;)
    Propably misheard.

15. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, the first rumor of Adu being sold at a loss to Aris, sounds more like fulham then Benfica!

16. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    does this mean that there is a 4th entity in the negotiations? real salt lake?

didn't they have a clause that gave them a % of his sell on price? and if he is being sold at a loss does that mean that they have to somehow give $$ back or somehow be involved in the arguments about how the sell on happens?

i have no idea. just thinking.

17. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    suspense! drama!

Adu never failed to deliver. lol

18. Colombolq

Colombolq Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give Adu this much credit, his first touch is about as good as it gets in the U.S. player pool.

19. Susaeta

Apr 3, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I heard could be no more than bar talk. I brought it here for confirmation. Nothing on Google, either, so it could very well mean it was bogus, or they meant Eddie Johnson, not Freddy Adu.

20. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, I heard the same rumor. But there was no source attached, so I didn't much much stock in it. If it happens, that's dandy. But I'm guessing it's just silly season stuff.

21. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    come somone clearly recap what the hell Freddy is doing?
    I thought he was frozen out of training camp or something like that and that he was not going to play for Aris?

Also Fredua, lol, or whatever his brother's name is, will be playing where?`

Cheers

22. Drippingmilk

Drippingmilk Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I can't help but think Freddy is simply not at all on top of his career. How can he happily return to camp, giving interviews about his first pre season etc, only to find out once he gets there that there's this big dispute over his contract?

It was the same last season, where he was actually asking on twitter when practice times were. That is mind boggling. Even if he didn't know, which is incredible enough, how could he have not just called Benfica, or done it through an agent? how does one not not have the sense to know that it's crazy to ask on twitter?

I've always been confused why Adu hasn't been getting the playing time that by his performances on the pitch he would seem to deserve. But if this lack of organization when it comes to his career carries over to his training habits, or his application of the coach's tactics, than perhaps it is more clear.

1 person likes this.
  23. Drippingmilk

Drippingmilk Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Btw, is there any new information? Or are we going to have to wait until the end of pre season (or later) for them to decide.

24. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Freddy never seems to know what's happening, and usually I think it's because he's clueless, but it's also possible that he's just helpless in all this. They tell him to go somewhere. He goes. He shows up to practice, practices and then is told his services aren't needed anymore.

Aris is moving dozens of players in and out. The guys who are stuck to them on loan are probably the last people they worry about. Unfortunately.

25. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    come on Aris friends.

wake up already and bring us some news. :)