Michael Orozco at Lobos BUAP

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by JayDelight729, Jan 16, 2010.

1. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interview with Michael Orozco Fiscal. He says he wants to come back to MLS. He also claims the Philadelphia Union did not abide by his compensation agreements and talks about Peter Nowak in unkind terms. His complaints stem mainly from horse trading during the process of whether his purchase option would be picked up after his only season with the club. He also felt there was favoritism to high draft picks. Danny Mwanga was one of the few things that went right for the Union that season. The second round pick, Toni Stahl started the first game at center back, forcing Orozco Fiscal to center midfield if I remember correctly. Stahl was sent off and never played in MLS again.

In midweek he went the distance, starting at center back, as San Luis were bounced out of the Copa MX in the quaterfinals away to second tier Dorados de Sinaloa by the score of 3-2. He picked up a yellow card in the 45th minute. The first Dorados goal came when Orozco Fiscal tried to play a back pass to the keeper, but the ball hit a puddle and died. A Dorados attacker beat the keeper to the ball and scored. Highlights of the game are available on the Mexican league website. You have to hit the blue right area about three quarters of a way down the page to switch from the league to the Copa MX.

2. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think many at the Union organization would agree with him at this time.

3. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1/13: "DaMarcus Beasley and Michael Orozco Fiscal came within a couple of minutes of picking up three points for Puebla on Sunday against Toluca, but a late equalizer meant they had to settle for a decent away point.... Orozco Fiscal played the full 90 minutes at right back and was effective in both the defensive and attacking departments."

1/6: "Liga MX champions Club Tijuana began the Clausura 2013 championship on Sunday in the same vein as they ended last season, defeating Puebla 2-1 in a game involving four US internationals.... [E]x-Philadelphia Union defender Michael Orozco Fiscal debuted and completed the full 90 minutes for Puebla and was largely solid at center back, even though Riascos caused continual problems for los Poblanos. The Southern Californian ditched his defensive duties and moved forward as his team looked for the equalizer, swinging in a cross in the 76th minute that came close to providing the tying goal."
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/01/13/american-exports-corona-castillo-key-tijuanas-win

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  5. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Werdman89 repped this.
  7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  8. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ow. Looks like I'm going to have a black eye to explain to the neighbors...

Tom Collingsworth and TimB4Last repped this.
  9. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Orozco appears to have done a Michael Parkhurst moving to outside and really jump starting a somewhat faltering career.

10. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen his last two matches and he's looked pretty good in that RB role for Puebla. Mike's looked very comfortable defending and moving into the attack. Granted, I have only a small sample size, but he definitely looks at home and is in good form.

11. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Maybe Ream will do the same...

12. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Not a problem, as we're all now well-accustomed to gleaning much more from much less.

Tom Collingsworth and m vann repped this.
  13. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  15. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I watched part of this match and he was having a really good match. He was attacking more than the forwards and actually got his head on a ball 7 yards from goal but sent it wide. he was playing RB.

16. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Michael Orozco Fiscal has re-established himself as a Liga MX regular after a barren last few months at San Luis. The Southern California native has also been shifted out to right back, where he has been contributing at both ends of the pitch for a much-improved La Franja this season. The only blotch on Orozco Fiscal’s copybook this season is the two red cards he has received."
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...iga-mx-yanks-has-shot-making-us-national-team

On 3/14, "...Michael Orozco Fiscal ... started for Puebla [in their 1-1 draw at Pachuca in the Copa MX,] but received his second yellow card in the 89th minute for a cynical foul and was sent off."
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...t-their-libertadores-revenge-joe-corona-tijua

18. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Chance

Chance Member+

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2012
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Ives also said that he expects him to stay in Mexico but MLS isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Testudo and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  21. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. Very interesting, especially considering Puebla announced that an extension was forthcoming. I guess he is having second thoughts and is exploring options. I've always like Orosco. Always, despite some flaws. However, it has appeared to me that he's upped his game in the last year. He's been pretty damn solid during the GC and it wouldn't surprise me to see him become a regular with the Nats. I would have no problem with that given his recent play.

22. Chance

Chance Member+

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2012
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a good compliment to a bigger centerback like a Goodson or Onyewu. His ability to pass, speed and comfort with the ball at his feet helps make up the lack of that from the likes of Goodson/Gooch.

He's been very impressive during this GC and definitely boosted his stock.

23. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think playing RB this past season for Puebla certainly boosted his confidence on the ball.

Chance repped this.
  24. KickballWizard

Jun 11, 2013
    What is his best position, long term? CB or FB?

Some have suggested for a while that his best position might be fullback, but I haven't seem him play there yet.

It's interesting (for USMNT) that Klinsmann has no problem playing him at CB in the Gold Cup, even though he's been playing RB with his club, yet Klinsmann basically benched Cameron until he can claim a starting CB spot with Stoke.